Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #15
Triple E Owners Club
Originally Posted by RVThere View Post
Had to call Good Sam twice. First was on the Mass. Turnpike and they could not come out because of Turnpike restrictions (they took about 30 minutes to figure that out). I paid for the tow and then had to send in for reimbursement.

Last summer, GS left me on the side of I78 for 3 hours while they tried to get a lower priced tow to come and get me (tow driver told me how they were going back and forth with him for 2 hours before they finally agreed to his price).

After that I switched to AAA which now does RV towing. So far so good as I have not had to use AAA yet.
Man do I know your story. After being told that I would have a tow truck at 8:30 am, 10:30 am, 12:30 pm then finally showing up at 3:00 pm. The driver told me he was ready to go at 8:00 am but GS did not have a contract in my area and the tow company would not leave the yard until they had a credit cart number. GS did not get them the credit card until 12:30 PM.

However they did send the correct truck and the tow company knew exactly what to do and did it right.

I will be switching to Coach-Net because they do have contracts in my area. I have needed GS three times. 2 out of 3 had waiting time because of no contracts.

1997 Triple E Empress, Freightliner Chassis, CAT 3126 w/ 275 horse's.
MD 3600 Tranny, 2011 Ford Escape Hybrid w/Blue Ox tow bar and Roadmaster Base Plate.
Amsoil Synthetic Oil only for my baby.
OneRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #16
a k
Newmar Owners Club
I have Coachnet AND Good Sams. It isn't that much and if either one of them sends a mechanic to fix it and he can't ,the tow bill is on you, so if it can't get fixed you call the other service for the tow.

been there done that.
Also, if you have a classic car insured threw Haggerty and you are paying extra for road service, Its Coach-net. So cancel it with Haggerty because they will only tow you 8 miles for $50/year. Coach-net will do you and your spouce and cover anything else that you drive including motorcycles for one yearly premium

a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #17
Had AAA for 19 years on the cars and was always satisfied. Bought MH and upgraded to AAA-RV. Had a flat in FL and needed the spare put on. First sent a pickup truck with gas and the next with air. 6 hours and never got it right. Asked to speak to supervisor and was told there was no supervisor on Sunday.

Dropped AAA and took GS. Had brake failure in Feb (Workhorse chassis) and response from GS was excellent. Knowledgeable phone rep talked me through some checks. Tow rig was huge; disconnected and reconnected drive shaft; towed 45 miles to Workhorse dealer. Just sign the receipt and say “Thanks”. Lousy situation; great experience.

They all use the same tow companies; it’s the dispatch and follow up that are critical.
AAA still thinks it’s all about autos; GS knows what a motorhome is and how to respond.
I’m sticking with GS.
ncretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #18
Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Dropped GS and went to CN after being with GS for 20+ years. I blew a radiator in Houston in August and after waiting in the heat for five hours, I finally called an independent wrecker service to tow me to the repair shop. GS gave me some BS story about being too busy to get to me. I cancelled and went with CN. Hope I never have to find out how good their service is.

07 Dip PDQ
floatin doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #19
Newmar Owners Club
I never had Good Sam but I do have CoachNet and used it while in Alaska. I can't say enough about their service. After my initial call, they called back in an hour to see if the service truck had arrived which they had not but I was along way from Anchorage and in no hurry. They asked if I want a different company to be called, I told them I'd give them another hour because of the circumstances. The next hour CoachNet call just when the service truck arrived. At no time did I feel I was just left hanging. Excellent company!

2007 Newmar DSDP 4023
Discovery is seeing what everyone else has seen and thinking what no one else has thought.
If you want to see what man made go East; if you want to see what God made go West.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote