Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2019, 03:58 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Road side assistance

Has anyone had experience with RV advisor roadside assistance plan for $99.00? This seems to be to good to be true, what with GS being $189.00/ yr and coachnet being $200+ a year.
It seems to be extensive in it's coverages, but not sure. Thanks for any information you can provide.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2019, 09:49 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I’m with you..... if it sounds too good..... then that dog don’t usually hunt. I’m with GS at about $250 annual but it’s a big diesel pusher.

You normally get what you pay for.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:50 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
If you find that it really works out please let us know. I’d swap $99 for $250!
Old 06-17-2019, 11:30 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
The only RV Advisor I can find is this one, which doesn't sound like roadside assistance.

https://thervadvisor.com/

We have been with Good Sam Roadside Assistance since 2001 but will be changing to FMCA on the next renewal date!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:42 PM   #5

Road Service

I've had Good Sam since 2012. Last year I needed road service for fuel when my fuel gauge failed. This was the FIRST time to use GS in
SIX YEARS. The rep for GS said it would take about an hour. She called back in 30 minutes and said she was still working on the problem. She called again at the hour mark and said no one wanted to bring fuel to me. I asked what I should do . . . . she said "call 911" and hung up!

My brother and his wife were with me on that trip, and he called his AAA service number. They were there with 10 gals of diesel fuel in 40 minutes.
I told the service man what had happened with GS and he said, "I am also a contact for Good Sam, and they never called me".

I will switch from Good Sam in July when my current contract with them renews.
texasrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:43 AM   #6

I own several vehicles and my vehicle insurance includes road side assistance... In the last 10 years I've used it 2 times, in White Horse, Yukon Territory Canada, and in Pasco WA... in both cases the service was terrible... My insurance company contracts it out to an outside vendor...

In both cases, had I called the tow company myself I would have had them on site in 30 minutes instead of the hours it took road side... I think the people hired are air heads.. In both cases I offered GPS information and they said they could find my cell phone...

On the other hand, from what I hear, they all are awful except for AAA....
Old 06-18-2019, 05:11 AM   #7

I have FMCA Roadside Assist. The cost for members is $74/year. Used once on New Year’s Eve. Very satisfied. Dues for FMCA are $60 first year and $50/year thereafter. But dues includes FMCAssist which is repatriation insurance, world wide and rv return for Canada, Mexico and USA. Any self contained rv can join.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote