Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2008, 04:02 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ron I forgot to say that I put a 6 pin plug on back of coach and one on front of toad for the lites to work thru when plugged together. In that plug setup I also put a charge wire from coach to toad to prevent battery voltage drop............Jim

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2008, 06:56 AM   #16

I have used the Even Brake for over 2 years now and it has worked great for me. To prevent braking when the exhaust brake comes on I lowered the sensitivity level and now braking only occurs when I actually hit the brakes. My toad required the brake lite relay to be installed and I had my local RV service center install the brale relay, brake away and ICX control panel. If the ICX transmitter is not hooked up with the brake away switch, the Even Brake will not function.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:31 AM   #17
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks guys, that is some excellent information. Jim, I will try that brake wire hot-tap. I didn't follow the instructions through the brake relay install portion.

I already have the RV 6-pin setup and magnetic base lights that work great. Yes, I have been guilty of towing without a breakaway or assist brake system.

Maybe I won't have to take a beating $$$-wise on this gadget.
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good luck on finishing the setup and let us know the results if you wouldn't mind Ron. It might help someone else down the road.

I have been guilty of a lot of things and being right all the time sure isn't one of them. ...........Jim
Old 11-08-2008, 05:20 PM   #19
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks once again guys. The toad unit is communicating with the RV unit and it is working! Had a bit of mumble-fussing today when it kept telling me that the brake lights were staying on. I had selected the fuse box location for the sensor source instead of the actual brake light wire (doing a quick-test setup). Took about three taps on my noggin before I figured out what I had done. (OK Jim, you can stop laughing now )
Old 11-09-2008, 04:26 AM   #20

We have it installed on 07 CR-V and life is good. The system does not work off your electric system it works by detecting the force from your RV braking.I left ours as it was set by the factory and it brakes when I need it and never stays on after braking force stops. There are the <span class="ev_code_RED">red</span> and <span class="ev_code_GREEN">green</span> lights which will tell you if it is on or off, if you cooked your brakes it must of been actived with out your safety lights red or green showing use. I would have your electric hook up checked.You will gain stopping power thru the toad braking system as it will slow you much faster with the toad on then with out the toad
For my money it is a great system which does the job and does it well.
Mikeeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:51 PM   #21

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hey Ron sure glad to hear that it all worked out good. You are not the first one to use the fuse box (Don't ask me how I know ) I sure understand the noggin taps. I have been around electronics for years and I learned years ago that if all else fails read the instructions - but I still don't. If we can't have fun doing it then don't do it. Take care and travel safe.

By the way I can't find mumble-fussing in my redneck dictionary ...............Jim
Old 11-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #22
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
Jim, it's kinda sorta like a tail-twistin' combined with an aww-shucks with a little fiddle-sticks thrown in. Most effectively used when you are upside-down under the dash of a Jeep with the kick panel digging into your lower back.

BTW: the small white/with/gold stripe wire is the correct one. NOT the LARGE white/with/gold stripe.