Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-19-2016, 11:47 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Used to have Good Sam. Had good service when needed. Moved to Coach Net a few years ago as it was a better value. Also have had good service when needed.

Vince and Susan
2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH (Cummins ISC/Freightliner)
Flat towing a modified 2005 Jeep (Rubicon Wrangler)
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2016, 05:20 PM   #16
Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
do you sign up on line ?
thanks for any reply, bob

new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:50 PM   #17

Originally Posted by RodK View Post
I am dropping Good Sam this year too but for different reasons. I had their platinum plus plan as I liked the idea of having it towed to where I want as I am an auto technician by trade. 2 years ago it was $150, last year was $180 and this year they want $220. Here in Canada that is almost $300. I can't take the constant price increases. CAA prices have not changed at all in that time.
Not that I've had to use my GS but after reading your previous posts on this subject and doing some research, I have also decided to switch to CAA (BCAA here) which I agree is much better coverage for less money.
Dennis & Carol
2003, 4006, 41' DutchStar, Spartan, ISC 8.3L W/BanksPower - 2013 Honda CRV, BlueOx Baseplate, Aventa Bar & Patriot Brake. And the 04 Bird, Sunshine Car.
dennis45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:58 PM   #18
Triple E Owners Club
Roadside Assistance

Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Not that I've had to use my GS but after reading your previous posts on this subject and doing some research, I have also decided to switch to CAA (BCAA here) which I agree is much better coverage for less money.

Yes, when I first signed up it was cheaper to go with GS but they have upped their price too much and CAAs price has remained the same. CAA will get my money this year. If we ever start travelling more in the US, I may look into Coachnet at that time.

Our slumping loonie has not helped, but that is a ridiculous price increase in just 3 years.
1999 Triple E Commander 3503FS on 20,500 F53.
RodK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:26 AM   #19
i have been with gs ers for 3 years, but never used them. my renewal is up in april. by reading all of above posts, i will switch to coachnet for good.
2000 Country Coach Intrigue 40'
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:47 AM   #20
Coach net X5
robt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:22 AM   #21
I've had a roadside rider on my Progressive policy for 6yrs. at a cost of only $24 per year. I've needed them 3 times and they've always been great to work with. Once I needed a tow in Destruction Bay, Yukon Territory. But I told them I didn't want a traditional tow, I wanted my coach put on a trailer. They had no problem with that, sending a truck & trailer from White Horse 180 miles away. Which of course meant it had to be taken the 180mi. back. Whew, 360 miles total. I'm glad I didn't have to pay for that. And surprisingly, my insurance premium actually went down the next year.

2000 Dutch Star Pusher
2009 Saturn Vue Towed
Full timed for 6yrs.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote