Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2016, 08:05 PM   #1

Roadside Assistance

Dropping my Good Sam roadside membership, twice I tried to use them and twice the didn't come, once for a flat tire and once needed a tow. Any good ideas, AAA, Coach Net ????

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2016, 08:09 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We've always gone with Coach Net, never been disappointed yet.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:25 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Den View Post
Dropping my Good Sam roadside membership, twice I tried to use them and twice the didn't come, once for a flat tire and once needed a tow. Any good ideas, AAA, Coach Net ????
I think they dropped you first. I am amazed that anyone still has good sam.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:30 PM   #4

I've been with Coach Net for years and they have been excellent. Needed them a few times and they were always there for tech assistance or for mobile repairs.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:12 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
X2 for Coach Net. We've had excellent service from them; over the phone trouble shooting once for me to reset a battery switch I inadvertently turned off, a tech dispatched to our site at an RV Park for an HWH slide and jack problem and the last time, a 25 mile tow job to a truck dealership to replace a broken serpentine belt. They found a repair shop that could take us in as soon as we arrived and the tow company they dispatched was both prompt and professional.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:41 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost I View Post
I think they dropped you first. I am amazed that anyone still has good sam.
why? we've had GS roadside for 30-years now. used them more than a few times and always had great service. I'm curious if the OP followed up to determine why the service didn't arrive.
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:04 PM   #7

Triple E Owners Club
I am dropping Good Sam this year too but for different reasons. I had their platinum plus plan as I liked the idea of having it towed to where I want as I am an auto technician by trade. 2 years ago it was $150, last year was $180 and this year they want $220. Here in Canada that is almost $300. I can't take the constant price increases. CAA prices have not changed at all in that time.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:32 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
CoachNet, without hesitation or reservation.
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:50 AM   #9

Coachnet for sure has been helpful for us two different occasions. Once our awning wouldn't retract and another to help me find a fuse that was blow. Both times their services were invaluable.

2009 Fleetwood Expedition 38F
2013 Scion XB toad

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 03-11-2016, 10:11 AM   #10

Heading out for 7 months on April 1st. We've had AAA for our auto for years, but after research and testimony from others we just signed up for Coach-Net thru RV-Dreams.com.

Regards, Hamshog
Old 03-11-2016, 10:18 AM   #11

Good Sam Roadside Assistance / Not !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
why? we've had GS roadside for 30-years now. used them more than a few times and always had great service. I'm curious if the OP followed up to determine why the service didn't arrive.
Shortly after we purchased their policy I had a flat tire on I-10 between Houston and Beaumont, a very busy highway, a very dangerous highway to stuck out on, called Good Sam and they told me they did not change flat tires..... ??? I argued with the guy but no luck, thought I must have read the policy wrong, made my own arrangements to get tire changed,got home read the policy and then called them up. The man I spoke with was very nice, said they made a mistake and gave me six months credit. Two years later going down the highway and find the road covered with parts of a shredded 18 wheeler tire, goes up under the rig, tears up a little of everything. I need a tow, Call Good Sam and I am told that this is considered a wreck and that the police need to be called and they need to do a report and since it is a police related incident that the police will decide what wrecker is to be called . . . Not a Good Sam Issue . . . . . ???? and then after that I found out how good their Good Sam insurance is which I will be dropping as well. If you ever have to deal with them and Mr. Calvin Craig a real classy guy who's attitude is not customer service, you will see what I mean.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:18 AM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
well had GS for 5 years i know it was my fault. my expiration date was 1/27/2016 didn't look at date. pulled out for fla for 8 weeks with no road service thank god we didn,t need it. so i call GS and ask why i didn,t get a renewal in the mail, i don't judge people but this guy didn't know if he was coming or going.so called back got a girl that was in left field. so i want to change how do you get a hold of coach net seems like most of you like them
thanks for any reply
Old 03-19-2016, 08:55 AM   #13

We have coach-net. Two weeks ago we had a blow out on the interstate in southern Oregon. Had the highway #, milepost, etc but while I was on hold/waiting for the coach-net people to "find us on google maps" my wife got hold of Les Schwab and they were there and changed the tire before coach-net even "found" us. Not going to drop them them (it's pretty darn affordable) but with a smart phone not sure what good they really do.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:53 AM   #14

I dropped Good Sam ERS this month because of their rates, etc., after having Good Sam ERS for 9 years. I asked for a quote from Coach Net and they gave me an excellent rate. I did not enroll using their web site, but talked directly to them.