Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2016, 06:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post
The Hartford RV insurance covers unlimited RV towing and roadside assistance. Why would I want/need to take 3rd party coverage (GS/CN) to pay for what we already have..!
While I too have The Hartford, their RV coverage does not include your auto. That is a separate rider on the auto policy at an additional cost. And you pay the bill and submit a request for reimbursement. Perhaps if my toad broke down while being towed behind the motorhome it would have been covered by my RV policy. But if your toad becomes a no start in your driveway you aren't covered for towing with your Rv policy......at least not in Texas according to aarp. Maybe you want to double check your assumption of coverage.
Planocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2016, 06:32 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
well, when you need service can you call Hartford anytime....say 2am on Christmas Day...and have them dispatch help to you? or do you have to find your own service provider, pay out of pocket and then submit bills for reimbursement? if yes to the former thdm no, you don't need GS or CN.
Included in policy packet is an "Emergency Motor Home Roadside Assistance Card". AARP Motor Home Insurance Plan Roadside Assistance Call toll free 1-800-443-2341 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week.
Please be prepared with the following when calling: 1. your name and policy 2. Exact location of your motor home. 3. Where you are calling from, including a phone number where you can be reached.

I would think 2am on Christmas day is good. Never needed yet.

But those that need to have third party roadside assistance coverage...fine with me, as I really don't care. Toad has its own policy with Hartford which includes roadside assistance. I had critter damage on toad in my drive way and they paid the tow as will as wire replacement.
PJStough: point is why pay twice for same thing.
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have
been fooled. Mark Twain
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:39 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
I have had just one major break down in my travels ......
I had no roadside coverage then, other than my Coach insurance(They covered the labor at the break down site where it was repaired)
When this happened, I was going around in circles wondering what to do..........black oil all over, no power steering..............got it into a parking lot. I had to do ALL the leg work, and travel to Cumming to get all the parts to do the repair. One great thing, this happened on a Friday night at 7pm, and I was on the road the next day at 12pm noon, they even had me drive it back up the road 10 miles to their shop, washed all the oil off the rear of the Coach/TOAD/bikes/dolly and even the engine compartment ($495.00 total )............then on down the road to the ocean.

After that............1-800- Coach-net
Just having someone to call and knowing that depending on the break down area.......help will be coming, and no payment out of pocket.........take note of the black streak behind those guy's......and it went back up the road 3/4 of a mile!
(click on the photo if you want to see a close up of what they are working on)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09837.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	352.4 KB
ID:	133519  
Old 07-18-2016, 07:39 PM   #18

We have good sam and our motorhome was towed once and on another occasion a mechanic was dispatched to fix our coach. For $79 per year I would say I received good service. The important thing to remember is you are paying peanuts so yes expect help when you need it but dont expect the moon.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:52 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
We have good sam and our motorhome was towed once and on another occasion a mechanic was dispatched to fix our coach. For $79 per year I would say I received good service. The important thing to remember is you are paying peanuts so yes expect help when you need it but dont expect the moon.
Not on renewal. jus sayn
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:50 PM   #20

Paid $89. For a year of GS ERS in March this year. Emergency road tech outside Indianapolis at rest area for coolant loss, no cost other than on site labor and parts, $150 call out and milage paid by GS. Tree weeks later, on the way home in the middle of nowhere, the dreaded STOP ENGINE error. Blown oil pressure sensor. $800 tow to repair shop, no cost to me. Best return on investment EVER.

Say what you want, but my experience say a, renew. They'll break even in 10 years on me
CC Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:10 AM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
Heres a question for all of them. What if I want them to tow it somewhere thats closer than their approved repair facility. Will they write me a check for the difference in mileage?
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:12 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post
Not on renewal. jus sayn
We always get the lower price listed and we renew every year.
Just saying
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 06:20 AM   #23

For over 6yrs. I've had Progressive, and for just an additional $24 I have the roadside coverage. Needed a tow once from Destruction Bay, Yukon Territory to White Horse. I told them I didn't want a tow truck, I wanted by coach trailered to White Horse. They said no problem. The truck had to come from White Horse which meant a 360mi. round trip for him. I never saw a bill. I hate to think what that bill was, but for just $24 a year they'll have my business for a long time to come.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote