Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-26-2016, 11:03 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Roadside service and extended service plan

I would like to hear from the forum if anyone have either Good Sam or Coach Net for either roadside assistance or extended service plans and pro and con of the services offered.

donnie(K7UTA), Linda, and 2furrykid s Buddy & Rain
2016 SouthWind32VS, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
donie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2016, 01:01 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The large percentage of folks here have either Good Sam or Coach-Net ERS. I think Coach-Net more so but lots of Good Sam as well. I have had both and used their services - positive experience from both. Currently with Coach-Net.

Vince and Susan
2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH (Cummins ISC/Freightliner)
Flat towing a modified 2005 Jeep (Rubicon Wrangler)
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:47 AM   #3
Originally Posted by donie View Post
I would like to hear from the forum if anyone have either Good Sam or Coach Net for either roadside assistance or extended service plans and pro and con of the services offered.

Good Sams subcontracts the service out you can go direct but it will cost $100 more if you need them. Remember you still pay for the tire, holiday hours are more also.
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:51 AM   #4
I have both GS and CN roadside assistance policies. They are well worth the $100 a year or so cost compared to the cost of towing one of these rigs.
I have no extended warranty plan on any of my RV's and consider them a waste of money, regardless of who is selling it. just my opinion, since you asked

Originally Posted by donie View Post
Jim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:39 PM   #5
Here is an alternative suggested by Greg White of Our RV Adventures.
C & C Marketing and Insurance
silveradohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:38 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
As for Roadside Assistance we have been with Good Sam for 15 years, and had only one bad experience. I don't think there is really much difference in Good Sam and CoachNet, but I'm thinking about trying CoachNet next time I renew, depending on prices at that time.

I have never been a fan of Extended Warranty, although there are many on here that say it has paid off big for them. I figure that the only way those companies can stay in business is if their paid claims are WAAY less than the premiums they take in! I think for the prices they charge that I would need a major engine or transmission failure to make it pay. JMHO
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 12:22 PM   #7
I have GS roadside and have used it and like it very much. I also have extended warranty and would never leave home without it. I think the big factor for me is I am not mechanical and can do very little of the work myself. On a scale of 1 - 10; I am a 3. If you fall close to me on this scale get an extended warranty
2003 Southwind workhorse with Allison
Seeing the USA in a Chevrolet
Corona California
stevechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 01:36 PM   #8

Too many issues with GS. I have been with Coach Net for 5 yrs and they are exactly what i wanted.

I also don't believe in extended warranties. JMHO!
Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:07 PM   #9
Monaco Owners Club
I'm actually in the middle of a Coachnet service incident right now. We drove up to moochdock with friends a little south of Traverse City this week. Drove up on Wednesday afternoon ... and was planning to leave this morning. Got to inspecting the coach for the trip home (checking fluids, tire pressure, etc.) yesterday - and discovered that the outside wheel on the roadside rear dually is "breaking the rim seal" flat.

Called Coachnet yesterday - but were unable to locate a replacement tire so late in the day on Saturday (295/80R/22.5). It worked for us to stay a little longer - so we agreed to wait until Monday to finish putting together the repair dispatch.

Although they haven't been able to pull together the dispatch yet - they have clearly been working on a solution. I fielded several calls yesterday as they kept me up to speed about their efforts.

I used them once before - and was very happy with the service on that incident as well.

My Coachnet membership paid for itself with that first call. I'll certainly renew when the time comes.
2012 HR Endeavor 43' DFT, 2012 Jeep Liberty
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:30 AM   #10
I have roadside service as a rider on my Progressive Ins. policy, and at $24yr. I consider that a steal. I've needed them twice, once in the Yukon, and never had a problem. I have an extended service plan from www.wholesalewarranties.com and again never a problem. It's more than paid for itself.
2000 Dutch Star Pusher
2009 Saturn Vue Towed
Full timed for 6yrs.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:49 AM   #11
I had Good Sam about 20 yrs ago, but after a very disappointing service call, went to Coach Net and have been with them ever since. I've used them a few times and they have been very efficient, getting a service provider to me in a very reasonable amount of time and they always call and follow-up with status and to make sure everything is OK after the service call. I normally would never get an extended service contract, but in the first 9 months of owing our coach, we had many significant issues with microwaves,AC units and a host of other items. As a result, I purchased a Coach Net extended service plan that covers me top to bottom for 7 years. I have had to use it several times and it has paid for itself. They have worked well with each of the repair shops that have done work and have never given us any issues about coverage.
2013 DS 4338
2015 F-150 toad with kayaks,bicycles and a Harley in the back
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:03 AM   #12
Coach net for us. No issue's. Also in the school of no extended warranty.

Good luck which ever way you go. With luck it will be a long time before you use them.

Take care and safe travels.
Bob & Jenise Full timers
2008 Newmar Essex 4510 All Electric 500 ISM
2014 Honda CRV AWD
Trapperbob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:19 AM   #13
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thumbs up Good Sam or Coach-Net

Great topic! I was just got to put this question out when I came across your thread.

I currently have Good Sam, and haven't been impressed. Over the past 12 years of RV'ing, I needed them 1 time, and they were useless. The only reason I have stayed with them was I was lazy and didn't do my research into any options.

Now, I have upgraded to anther RV, do most of my own work, and am getting ready to retire and full time. Doing my own work also includes researching all available options, and now the roadside service is up on the list.

I have one month before my Good Sam term is up and I take off for a 3 week Eastern Sierra trip. From all of the posts above, it seems like the majority of folks have Coach-Net and are pleased with it.

Any more comments before I pull the plug on Good Sam and move to Coach-Net? And thanks to the OP for putting this question out there!

2006 Fleetwood Southwind 32v
** Getting close to retirement & full timing!
kf6ybl is offline   Reply With Quote