Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2014, 07:01 AM   #1

Routing hydraulic lines

I have the HWH 02 (1/8) hose leak problem. I have gone to Parker hose and independent hydraulic repair shops as advised here. The circumstance is none of those sources carry the 1/8 hose. I am concerned about the routing of 1/4 hose in lieu of 1/8 through the channels to the livingroom upper cylinders, to the trac single cylinder in rear bedroom, and the ability to bend 1/4 hose in a radius to meet connection fittings at synchronizing cylinder and tee assembly. In other words corraling all this maze of 1/4 might prove to be problomatic in the chassis channel. Anyone converted to 1/4 over 1/8? Thanks.
sixkilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2014, 07:21 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
If you have time to wait do an internet search for the correct size and pressure rating of the hose you need. I just did a quick search and found numerous suppliers.

If you need it quickly go to a large equipment supplier (Cat, John Deere, etc) that have repair facilities. Anyone of the larger suppliers should have the size you need. If you have the hose length, size of fitting they can make you up another hose. It is better to use a crimp type fitting on the end then a repair fitting which is normally screwed on.

If the hoses are routed fairly loosely you may be able to pull a hose replacement through. Get a male to male connector of the fitting size, remove both ends of the bad hose, connect the replacement with the male connector and try pulling through. Use some liquid soap to lubricate to make it easier to pull.

Worked in mining industry many years and learned a lot of tricks.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:44 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
JAcwjames... Have a question for you.....

While removing a jack (That got pretzled, long story) I broke the fitting off one of my jack hoses.. There is enough excess hose that I can loose an inch or two, Do you think a hose shop might be able to replace the end without removal of the hose from the RV?

These are very high pressure hoses by my best guess (9 ton jack so estimate is 3-4 THOUSAND psi at full load)

Page 2: pump is not delivering anywhere near that PSI.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:20 AM   #4

Check with the local farm equipment servicers as they often have portable crimpers just for this.

If you find one then have the broken fitting handy so they can match or take it to them before with photos of where it hoes.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks TQ-60 I will do that... I am in that kind of an area just now.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:32 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, if there is excess hose available you should be able to take it off and have a new fitting crimped on, if you have the old fitting to match that would be best.

The hydraulic pump may not be building pressure due to a bypass situation within the system, the hydraulic fluid may be dumping to tank. There is normally a pressure regulator within the system, these can be preset or adjustable. If you do not have the equipment to diagnose the system you would be better taking it somewhere. They should have the equipment to test the pump for both flow and pressure.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote