Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2005, 08:49 AM   #1

I started the purchase of our Motorhome back in March 05. We went through several dealers around the country and got what turned out to be the best price from Bretz RV & Marine in Missoula MT. After we went through the ordering process we waited 8 weeks for it to arrive at the dealer. The RV was scheduled to leave to factory on May 17 but didn't leave until May 19. So, based on the info from Newmar we booked our non-refudnable discount plane tickets to arrive on May 24 with the intent of taking delivery on May 25th. The original delivery date was supposed to be May 20 but it didn't get to the dealer until May 24. We went to the Dealer on Wednesday and were told that it wouldn't be ready until Friday well today is Friday so we went to the dealer to pick-up the RV an were told that it won't be ready intil Tuesday the day after Memorial Day. So here we sit. To make things worse we went back to the hotel to extend our room from Friday until Tuesday and were told that there were no rooms available due to the holiday weekend. At that moment I came close to going back to Bretz to give the salesman a permanent limp. After I calmed down and explained to the hotel that we have no place to go so they shuffled a few people around which enabled us to stay. So if you get to Missoula MT. Ruby's Hotel and convention center is the place to stay. The people that manage the place are top notch caring people. If you are looking for a good price Bretz RV & Marine will give you the best price but, you can't believe a word they tell you. If their lips are moving they are lying. Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!
New05MountAire is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2005, 08:49 AM   #2

I started the purchase of our Motorhome back in March 05. We went through several dealers around the country and got what turned out to be the best price from Bretz RV & Marine in Missoula MT. After we went through the ordering process we waited 8 weeks for it to arrive at the dealer. The RV was scheduled to leave to factory on May 17 but didn't leave until May 19. So, based on the info from Newmar we booked our non-refudnable discount plane tickets to arrive on May 24 with the intent of taking delivery on May 25th. The original delivery date was supposed to be May 20 but it didn't get to the dealer until May 24. We went to the Dealer on Wednesday and were told that it wouldn't be ready until Friday well today is Friday so we went to the dealer to pick-up the RV an were told that it won't be ready intil Tuesday the day after Memorial Day. So here we sit. To make things worse we went back to the hotel to extend our room from Friday until Tuesday and were told that there were no rooms available due to the holiday weekend. At that moment I came close to going back to Bretz to give the salesman a permanent limp. After I calmed down and explained to the hotel that we have no place to go so they shuffled a few people around which enabled us to stay. So if you get to Missoula MT. Ruby's Hotel and convention center is the place to stay. The people that manage the place are top notch caring people. If you are looking for a good price Bretz RV & Marine will give you the best price but, you can't believe a word they tell you. If their lips are moving they are lying. Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2005, 09:13 AM   #3

Sorry to hear about the delay in getting your new motorhome. Look at it this way... they are fixing things now that needed to be fixed. Much better than you finding the problems when you are on the road home.

Too bad the long weekend got in there also... I'm sure that was a factor.

Enjoy your new coach when you get it! They are a lot of fuss and inconvenience and expense... but so worth it!

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 06:11 PM   #4

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I can handle the delay what I have a hard time with is the lying from the salesman. He new befor I came here that the coach wouldn't be ready until after memorial day he just made promises he couldn't keep. His lies are costing me another weeks stay in a hotel plus 5 additional day of lost wages. "Bretz RV & Marine" they will give you a great price and will tell you anything they think you want to hear just don't expect any of it to be true.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:14 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If the great price exceeds the added costs and lost wages then you are ahead. Otherwise?

2004 Allegro 32BA W20
al koffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:44 PM   #6

.....I'd ask for a discount or maybe I'd just walk and cancil the deal....this can be done....'specially if you put it on a credit card-say the last $5000 dollars......as soon as you start down that road they are going to know where you are heading and will deal......Or WALK!......geofkaye
Old 06-02-2005, 04:54 PM   #7

There are 2 sides to every story...

2005 Revolution LE 40E
Steve Val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 06:05 PM   #8

MountAire, I know what ya mean. I had a dealer tell me that they didn't have the Gulf Stream Endura Max (after talking to their rep 2 days prior further south confirming they did) cuz Gulf Stream had problems with the lift gate and was recalling them and then they tried to sell me an Endura. I called Gulf Stream to confirm rumor and that's exactly what is was. Turns out Gulf Stream pulled the Endura Max from that dealer, out-in-out lied to me. Good luck on you're MH
TwinCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 07:10 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Val:
There are 2 sides to every story... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually there are 3 sides to every story: His, theirs, and the truth!
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 05:23 AM   #10
PDB

MountnAir,
I understand and agree with your viewpoint and frustration. My dealer (Poulsbo) was the same way. If his lips were moving, etc etc.
That said, I personally would not have booked tickets nor left my home until the dealer called and said "It's here. Come get it". Even then, it's 50-50 if it's the truth!
Paul

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
PDB is offline   Reply With Quote