Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2016, 06:45 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by joespapa View Post
Agree with everything thus far, but I can't fathom someone trying to sell something (anything) with NO PRICE!

Looked at several adds today that way ?????
There is a realty company in our area that never puts prices in their ads. I asked one of the realtors why. Was told so people will call. Hate to tell her, but I'm not calling. I'll pass it by. Same thing for a RV ad.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2016, 07:33 AM   #30

I too never call on an ad without pricing information. That is the first question on every buyer's mind. If they don't list a price they are almost always overpriced and don't want to discourage buyers from calling. Somehow the seller figures that they can talk you into spending more than their vehicle is worth. They must just like to spend time talking on the phone with people who can't afford their RV. When I sell something, my ad lists everything a potential buyer would be interested in knowing, mileage, condition, price, extras. That way when someone contacts me, they have pre-qualified themselves so I don't waste time talking to folks who aren't. This has been my approach for many years over many mediums and I always sell my vehicles to the first person who looks at them.

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 09:01 AM   #31

Photos sell.

Back in the day when digital cameras were not that common we started selling on ebay for fun then it was to raise blow money for toys like a welder and yard sprinklers.

Our camera had a macro function that could take a good photo of a ants butt so we often found things at yard sale for a quarter and sold for 20 bucks.

Someday maybe will do it again yo clear the clutter...

We like to see the whole deal, then closer to get better look then the detail shot that shows small details like fit and finish.

Price is a must.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:10 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Same here. No price = no consideration.

jt
2005 Newmar Kountry Star gas 3742, Workhorse 8.1L w/Allison 5 speed.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:57 AM   #33

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.G. View Post
There is a realty company in our area that never puts prices in their ads. I asked one of the realtors why. Was told so people will call. Hate to tell her, but I'm not calling. I'll pass it by. Same thing for a RV ad.
I just went through a 14 month search for a new home and was really astounded how many listings contained no pricing. Realtor I know said the same thing, they just want to get you on the phone so they can get your name and some info. so than they can list you as a contact and then bug you to death. He laughed went I told him no price no call and said that he hears that all the time.

Back to RV's I feel the same way no price no call. There is a very large RV dealer in South Florida that does the same thing, no pricing on used units. The one time I called to get a price the salesman wanted all kinds of info. before he would give me a price, no thank you.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:32 AM   #34

Had same experience once at a car dealer.

Responded to a mailer aa part of big sale with a free prize scratcher.

Was thinking about a focus for a commuter car and found a nice used one but they would not give a price!

We wanted to know best price assuming they would toss something out as a starting point but they only stated for us to make an offer.

We offered $100.00 and they were not amused but still insisted on a test drive.

We offered 101.00 and left...

The scratcher was a give away tool set not worth the price...
Old 08-02-2016, 09:40 AM   #35

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Just thought of something that should be listed on every RV listed for sale. "The date code on all the tires".

I see people who list how much tread is on tires-- which means nothing if the tires are old.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:45 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbriar View Post
My favorite is when a seller doesn't even organize a coach before taking photos. At least make the bed, empty the trash and pick up the dirty cloths off the floor. The other is really bad images. Out of focus, rotated 90 degrees, low light or sun glare. And my all time favorite when they post "no pets" and in a photo of the kitchen area there's a dog bowel on the floor.
Don't you just love auto-correct?
Old 08-04-2016, 02:10 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
The m/h I just bought had about 30 or 40 pictures on-line. In addition, there were two videos; one outside with a narrated slow walk around the coach (opening every bay, engine access and generator access). The other video started with opening the front door then a narrated slow walk through the interior. They didn't open every drawer but I got the idea.
tinstar 1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:26 PM   #38

Hi all! Great thread and lots of good info. After reading I had to correct my ad a little so it is even better than before

Since we are talking about selling our RVs. What price is a fair price to list? I've heard that you should be somewhere near NADA or better even below to get any offers.

What do you think?
Laara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 10:22 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laara View Post
Hi all! Great thread and lots of good info. After reading I had to correct my ad a little so it is even better than before

Since we are talking about selling our RVs. What price is a fair price to list? I've heard that you should be somewhere near NADA or better even below to get any offers.

What do you think?
Whenever I am listing a vehicle for sale (usually on Craigslist) I search my competition first. I look at all the other vehicles that are the same or similar to mine. I then price mine accordingly. My vehicles when put up for sale are absolutely spotless and in excellent condition so I price below the most expensive but above the cheapest. I use NADA as a guide but I have found knowing your competition works better for a quick sale. I have always sold my vehicles to the first person who comes out to look at it, usually at my price. Good luck!

Old 08-13-2016, 11:32 AM   #40

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
What Oldyeller said is right.
Detail it to the Max, inside and out. One of the most important things is 'Clean Windows'. We had a camper trailer before we bought the motor home. When I sold it (craigslist) I told everyone to come on Saturday between 1 and 2. I had priced it low. Had 5 people show up and 3 people made offers. I gave each paper and told them to write their offer on it. Opened them at 2 o'clock. Ended up with $2,500 more than I listed it for.
One of the people who came was a dealer, and he commented on how well presented it was.

Make sure you list the tire codes if they are relatively new tires. Demonstrate all the systems and point out any defects right up front.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:05 PM   #41

Thanks for your suggestions. We are having troubles selling our motorhome. Maybe if I ask here somebody can give me suggestions.

Our motorhome is 2009 Dynamax ISATA 26ft. It is very-very nice and in excellent shape. According to the consignment dealer, where we tried to sell it, whoever sees it says it's beautiful but too expensive plus everybody wants a bed in the back that we do not have - we have a sofa-bed with inflatable mattress. But because of that it has so much more storage - bigger wardrobe, bigger countertops, a lot of storage for its size. The big slide makes it very spacious inside. These things were big for us and we like it a lot. No problem putting bed for the night. It is very quick and bed is very comfortable.

The thing is when we were buying it almost 2 years ago they were selling for way above average NADA, like $10K or more and we were lucky to be able to negotiate to about $3K above average. Now nobody wants even to pay a price at slightly below low NADA. We have put so many new things in there, spent $12K. And now we are going to have to take a huge loss.

Also, people look at ours and say "well, we can buy new for that price" and they can, but not Dynamax (that was built before it became Forest River and before the quality went down). But looks like they do not care about quality and reliability.

I was wandering maybe there are other things we can do to attract people to at least look at our unit. We wrote a very detailed ad for craigslist and rvtrader, put a lot of pictures out there. 2 weeks - nothing. Before that 2 months on consignment lot. Before that 2 months advertised on rvtrader and craigslist but practically to no response.

Any thoughts?
Laara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:23 AM   #42

I think you already have your answer, your price is too high. As a buyer I never felt it was my responsibility to rescue a seller from a bad investment. The fact that they have more into your RV than it is worth is their problem not the potential purchaser's. The potential purchasers are making a good financial decision for not wanting to pay more than what it is worth. Sometimes we have to accept that and move on. Sorry if this seems blunt and unsympathetic but it is reality. There are lots of choices out there for RV buyers that are priced realistically for the market.

Tags
sale