Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2016, 04:22 PM   #43

I understand your point. We are looking at units now to buy as our next coach and many of them are upside down and we are not getting those as the price is $20K-$30K more than NADA.

But if we are looking at Newmars we are orienting ourselves for low NADA of Newmar, not Thor's, which is completely different thing and completely different price.

So, if low NADA on our 2009 Dynamax is $65K and 2013 Coachmen down the road is selling for $40K, do I have to sell it for close to $40K too? It does not seem to be right.
Laara is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2016, 04:33 PM   #44

Jayco Owners Club
Sold my RV in a week with 3 pics and a pic of the tags on the side... but we're talking about a $15K TT and not a motor home. It was clean and well maintained in covered storage... sold to the first looker with several others wanting to look... go figger...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 04:47 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
Sold my RV in a week with 3 pics and a pic of the tags on the side... but we're talking about a $15K TT and not a motor home. It was clean and well maintained in covered storage... sold to the first looker with several others wanting to look... go figger...
Nice! Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-15-2016, 07:41 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laara View Post
I understand your point. We are looking at units now to buy as our next coach and many of them are upside down and we are not getting those as the price is $20K-$30K more than NADA.

But if we are looking at Newmars we are orienting ourselves for low NADA of Newmar, not Thor's, which is completely different thing and completely different price.

So, if low NADA on our 2009 Dynamax is $65K and 2013 Coachmen down the road is selling for $40K, do I have to sell it for close to $40K too? It does not seem to be right.
Laara, maybe I'm not being clear. I am not familiar with Newmars so I can"t make a comparison to a Coachmen. If they are similar size, condition and build quality, then yes, they are probably going to sell for the same price. If your Newmar is better in any of these areas, then yours should sell for a bit more. You have to think like a buyer, not a seller. They are looking for the best bang for their buck. What you paid for your rig or if you have added stuff that others don't want, that doesn't make your rig more desirable or more expensive.

NADA is a guide but not the end all when it comes to pricing your unit. What will drive the sale of your rig is the market in which you are selling it. That is why in an earlier post I suggested researching your competition. Go on Craigslist and see what SIMILAR rigs to yours are going for. If there are Newmars like yours, those would be the ones to look at first and give the most weight to. Watch which ads disappear and which ones are relisted week after week. Again. think like a buyer. What would they be considering to buy that is similar to your unit.

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:02 AM   #47

Thank you, OlYeller!

I understand. The reason I never thought like this before is because we are in small town and there are no comparable units, by quality and built I mean. That's why we listed on rvtrader, to go for bigger audience.

Well, thank you. Something to think about.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:29 PM   #48

Ford Super Duty Owner
Classic example of someone who really doesn't want to sell, but they don't know that.

This Rv looks like new and in excellent condition. Stored inside no s

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:37 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC9901 View Post
Classic example of someone who really doesn't want to sell, but they don't know that.

This Rv looks like new and in excellent condition. Stored inside no s
interesting it is listed in a section rv-by dealer, makes me wonder what kind of dealer would list such a terse free ad? normally dealer glow about the product, not sharing the price until the get a nibble...
kerryvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:43 PM   #50

Ford Super Duty Owner
My gut feeling is it is a scam. Anyone can post as a dealer. I often cruise CL and combat obvious scams. I wrote to this one asking about 10 simple questions such as brand, model, length etc .....

No response yet and IF i get one my guess is "call me". Thanks, but no thanks. You'll get my number when I know we are on a path to a true sale.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:51 PM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC9901 View Post
My gut feeling is it is a scam. Anyone can post as a dealer. I often cruise CL and combat obvious scams. I wrote to this one asking about 10 simple questions such as brand, model, length etc .....

No response yet and IF i get one my guess is "call me". Thanks, but no thanks. You'll get my number when I know we are on a path to a true sale.
It doesn't even look like a good scam to me. I suspect it was posted in error.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:42 PM   #52

Ford Super Duty Owner
So is this real or a scam ?? We get tons of these.

http://vermont.craigslist.org/rvd/5737481651.html

Old 08-17-2016, 07:36 PM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
No longer there - Flagged for removal.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:38 PM   #54

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
No longer there - Flagged for removal.
jt
Oh well. Another one will show up before long. The ads are really absurd. Cannot imagine why anyone would respond.

Old 08-17-2016, 07:43 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
I'm with you going after the scams, I'll flag 1 or 2 a day for removal, then send a report in to CL on my findings. It is often the same unit in 3 dif states across the country. I had a thread concerning this topic... esp when the price is a weird amount or way under market.
kerryvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:51 PM   #56

Ford Super Duty Owner
Yep .... dunno how many 2004 Winnie's (for example) I've seen for $2018

Tags
sale