Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2016, 09:46 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Question RV for sale由eally????? Are you serious about actually selling?

Yesterday I finally saw an ad for a Motor home for sale that was good—no--it was great. How many times have you seen an RV for sale that had 1 to 4 pictures? How often do you think that these sellers got reply’s to their ad?

I am a Realtor and know the value of pictures when posting a home for sale online. Years ago I spoke to a group of RE brokers and touched on the importance of pictures. One question I got was ‘ How many pictures do you put on the MLS?’. My answer shocked the audience, it was 27 (average). Realize that this was 13 years ago, and before most agents realized how important the internet was and would become. At the time, their MLS only allowed up to 5 pictures and most agents only used 1. That was changed since. We pay a professional photographer to do all our pictures and she does a great job.

I saw an ad for a Motor Home yesterday that had 174 pictures, and the picture quality was great and showed everything, inside and out, also had close-ups. This dealer obviously knows how to get things sold. If I was in the market, I would go out to see that one.

When I see these ads with 1 – 4 pictures, I just have to shake my head.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2016, 09:58 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My favorite is when a seller doesn't even organize a coach before taking photos. At least make the bed, empty the trash and pick up the dirty cloths off the floor. The other is really bad images. Out of focus, rotated 90 degrees, low light or sun glare. And my all time favorite when they post "no pets" and in a photo of the kitchen area there's a dog bowel on the floor.
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:04 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
The pictures of our past home were so amazing we sold the house way above asking price in a couple hours.

Do you suppose a real estate photographer would also do a MH?
Old 07-27-2016, 10:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbriar View Post
My favorite is when a seller doesn't even organize a coach before taking photos. At least make the bed, empty the trash and pick up the dirty cloths off the floor. The other is really bad images. Out of focus, rotated 90 degrees, low light or sun glare. And my all time favorite when they post "no pets" and in a photo of the kitchen area there's a dog bowel on the floor.
That would be a really dirty RV with dog bowels on the floor!

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
The pictures of our past home were so amazing we sold the house way above asking price in a couple hours.

Do you suppose a real estate photographer would also do a MH?
Or you priced it too low originally?
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:58 AM   #6

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
Dog bowels on the floor! Now that would be a turn-off
Old 07-27-2016, 02:19 PM   #7

I also want to see the bigger picture meaning the relationship between 1 room to the next. A picture of one small portion of a room, whether a house or RV, tells me nothing. If I see a picture of just the vanity/shower area, for instance, without another picture giving me some idea where the vanity/shower is in relation to the other room(s), I will lose interest and move on. I agree as stated earlier, an unmade bed or stuff all over the place...c'mom..really?
Old 07-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Great advice! I'm big on pictures also! If they don't show lots of pics I think they may be hiding something!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:15 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
Or you priced it too low originally?
Actually, probably not. Years ago I sold a property that was in a big development where there were 9 homes for sale. (All cookie cutter types) The one I had listed was not up to par with the others although it was beautifully furnished and kept inside. Ours had no daylight basement with garage, which the others all had. But our pictures were stellar.

After we had accepted the offer we received, I asked the other agent if he had shown his clients any of the other properties. He replied, yes, but every night they would go home and stare at your pictures. That's why they chose yours.

We have had other success's because of great pictures, but that was the best one. I am very disappointed in agents who won't step up to the plate and find a good photographer to market their listings. Unfortunately, people choose agents for all the wrong reasons eg: 'I know her from church' ' 'He is in my club' etc. I'm hoping they don't choose a surgeon the same way.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:31 PM   #10

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Why are some people taking closeup pictures of the fridge toilet and shower.?
These are generic items and the setting around the toilet is more important.
Can you imagine a 350 lb person deciding on a unit without knowing if he or she can even get into the bathroom.
I don't have that problem but size matters!

Oh yes I forgot a close up of the bed is also very important!!
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:38 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Agree. I have sold two Motorhomes, several cars, and lots of misc stuff. Pictures sell. A floorplan with Motorhome for sale us a must. Add a 3/30/30 description - a one sentence grabber, a few sentence summary, and a indepth description. Also the description should be realistic - note all the good stuff and some of the not so good stuff. A realistic description will get the real buyers calling.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:43 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
It passed spell check so what's the problem?
Sweetbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacamp View Post
Dog bowels on the floor! Now that would be a turn-off
Must have been a voodoo cult!
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:58 PM   #14

Also make sure if the camera had a time date stamp that it is set to current date time.
I bought a house last year when I first viewed the pictures they were stamped 2012.
ransil is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
sale