Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-30-2016, 02:59 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1
RV Garage Homes (NM,AZ,TX,MT,FL))

Looking for input on RV Garage Homes in the above states. Would love to know where good affordable communities and homes are located. We are hoping to relocate and buy one as a base for future ventures. Appreciate your time in advance.
__________________

__________________
PIKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2016, 06:50 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 973
Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIKEY View Post
Looking for input on RV Garage Homes in the above states. Would love to know where good affordable communities and homes are located. We are hoping to relocate and buy one as a base for future ventures. Appreciate your time in advance.
clicky
__________________

__________________
'73, Rich, N9DKO
2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
Retired 9-1-1
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:15 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,921
We live at Lake Ashton in Lake Wales FL about an hr. from Orlando/Disney. We have both RV garage homes and regular homes with gated, covered storage in the community. There is a community in Leesburg FL, called Arlington Ridge, which is north of us, and it has RV homes and storage. I've driven through, and it looks like a nice community.
__________________
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV
G.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:31 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Dennis_K's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 1,085
Lake Havasu City, AZ... RV garages are very common and prices are reasonable.
__________________
2012 Monaco Knight 36 PFT
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2005 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited on 2007 16' Car Hauler trailer
Dennis_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 12:01 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Sky_Boss's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ON THE ROAD...SOMEWHERE
Posts: 6,068
We spent last winter in Mt. Olive Shores North located in Polk City, FL. This is a gated, 55+, Class A community that we really enjoyed. It is a few miles off of I-4 about half way between Orlando and Tampa which is near Lakeland.

It is fairly rural in nature but reasonably quick access to most anything you would want. It has anything from RV pads to some rather big homes. Prices are not bad but rising. Last I recall, you could have a currently unimproved lot that isn't on water front with a pad installed including landscaping for around $125K or less. If you have a larger residential home there you must have an RV port for anything that isn't a class A.

HOA fees are very reasonable ranging from $1200 - $1400 per year. The HOA rules seem reasonable for the most part. Water (including garbage) is a tad expensive at a minimum bill of about $70/month depending on what development you are in. The older phase of development is outside of Polk City limits so taxes and HOAs are a bit lower then the new parts. The older parts (1990s development) allows both deep and shallow wells for yard watering which helps a lot.

If we were at a point that we wanted to anchor down we would have seriously considered buying into that community. Instead we just rented a pad and enjoyed a great time and reasonably good weather.
__________________
Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Guardian GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 DSDP 4320, Spartan MM IFS, 2013 CR-V, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1, Samsung 197R Refer.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 12:22 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
stevedenesha's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Queen Creek AZ
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIKEY View Post
Looking for input on RV Garage Homes in the above states. Would love to know where good affordable communities and homes are located. We are hoping to relocate and buy one as a base for future ventures. Appreciate your time in advance.
All of the homes in my community are single story and you can have an attached RV garage with 50amp and dump station. I open the side door of the RV garage and enter into the game room. The garage has 14' door and garage is 53 X 24. The Ashcreek Estates community is just south of Mesa AZ in a nice growing city Queen Creek. Most of the homes are situated on 1/2 acre lots and driveway is approximately 80 ft. Here's the link to the homes:Mendocino at Ashcreek by Fulton Homes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0259.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	382.9 KB
ID:	126021  
__________________
Steve, Judy and the Pups Tinker and Shortcut
2016 Entegra Anthem 44B Victory Blue Toad: 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid with Air Force One
stevedenesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 12:42 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Belladog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
We spent last winter in Mt. Olive Shores North located in Polk City, FL. This is a gated, 55+, Class A community that we really enjoyed. It is a few miles off of I-4 about half way between Orlando and Tampa which is near Lakeland.

It is fairly rural in nature but reasonably quick access to most anything you would want. It has anything from RV pads to some rather big homes. Prices are not bad but rising. Last I recall, you could have a currently unimproved lot that isn't on water front with a pad installed including landscaping for around $125K or less. If you have a larger residential home there you must have an RV port for anything that isn't a class A.

HOA fees are very reasonable ranging from $1200 - $1400 per year. The HOA rules seem reasonable for the most part. Water (including garbage) is a tad expensive at a minimum bill of about $70/month depending on what development you are in. The older phase of development is outside of Polk City limits so taxes and HOAs are a bit lower then the new parts. The older parts (1990s development) allows both deep and shallow wells for yard watering which helps a lot.

If we were at a point that we wanted to anchor down we would have seriously considered buying into that community. Instead we just rented a pad and enjoyed a great time and reasonably good weather.


We purchased in this community a few years ago.......and love it. It has so much to offer and its in a great location.
__________________
2015 Winnebago Aspect.
2011 Honda FIT Sport ..... our toad
Belladog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:35 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
SeeTheUSA's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,454
Retama Village in Mission, TX is pretty nice ...

Retama Village Homes Mission TX, New Homes McAllen Area
__________________
Warren and Debbie, Deep in The Heart of Texas, 2018 Winnebago View 24D
2014 Tiffin Breeze 32BR, 2012 Winnebago Navion 24G, 2006 Winnebago View 23H
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
powerboatr's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North East Texas
Posts: 3,666
mine is for sale

kidding
but here in north east texas lots of places to hang you hat, either in a subdivision or on land
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 349.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	126034  
__________________
USN Retired, Life time member of the DAV.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2016 Expedition Toad on Hauler flat bed
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:15 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
DebbieMH's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Louisiana & Alabama
Posts: 2,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedenesha View Post
All of the homes in my community are single story and you can have an attached RV garage with 50amp and dump station. I open the side door of the RV garage and enter into the game room. The garage has 14' door and garage is 53 X 24. The Ashcreek Estates community is just south of Mesa AZ in a nice growing city Queen Creek. Most of the homes are situated on 1/2 acre lots and driveway is approximately 80 ft. Here's the link to the homes:Mendocino at Ashcreek by Fulton Homes
Very nice! We are heading west for the first time now ... may look at some places in Arizona for the future. Current S&B is in NOLA with no parking available for our 3 cars, much less our MH. Just retired, so may look at an RV community as an option.
__________________
Lynn & Dan Hochradel, & fur kids Carl & Alvin
2015 Entegra Anthem 44B, Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:46 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
FIRE UP's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Out there, somewhere
Posts: 5,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Very nice! We are heading west for the first time now ... may look at some places in Arizona for the future. Current S&B is in NOLA with no parking available for our 3 cars, much less our MH. Just retired, so may look at an RV community as an option.
DebbieMH,
We moved from San Diego to Lake Havasu City AZ right at 2 years ago. We acquired a brand new, 1850 sq. ft home, complete with RV garage attached. We had some strict parameters for the move.

1. Had to have an RV garage, preferably attached.
2. Had to have room for auxiliary parking for a M/H and or Boat
3. Prefference was to be on a cul de sac
4. Had to have room for a pool, it does get a bit warm here
5. Tiled or Travertine flooring.

Well, after quite a bit of looking around and checking out about 50 homes for sale, we settled on the one we have now. We couldn't be happier. It IS on a cul de sac, it DOES have an RV garage and, it now HAS a pool, and, the side yard, along side the RV garage has been concreted and is now 16' wide and 72' long. We've completely encompassed the yard with walls and gates.

One of the most important things to us that many do not think about is, the RV garage is on the CORRECT SIDE OF THE HOUSE! That is, when we back the coach in, the access door is facing the rest of the two car garage. That way when you're loading or unloading it, or working on something on the inside and need to make multiple trips to the tool box, getting in and out of that door is really nice if the RV garage is on the RIGHT side of the house, as you're looking at it.

And, being on a cul de sac is really nice 'cause you don't have traffic zipping by when you're trying to back into the cave or, setting up for a trip like, hooking up the toad and all that. We park right in the middle of the street if we want. No one is bothered by that.

The "Ramp" or, driveway outside both the two car and the RV garage is 40' long so, I can pull the big girl out and have plenty of room to wash her without being in the street, even though like stated, no one would care on our cul de sac anyway. The additional RV/boat parking is also equipped with full hookups for those who'd like to stop by for a while.

Our place here in Havasu would be triple in cost if we'd have remained in So CAL. We're much happier and have a much better appreciation of life here. PM me if you'd like to know more.
Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050191.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	126698   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050194.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	126699  

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030108.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	379.8 KB
ID:	126700   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040297.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	126701  

__________________
2004 ITASCA HORIZON 36GD, 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Toad '08 GL 1800 Gold Wing
Retired-29.5 yrs, SDFD, Ham - KI6OND
Me, Karla and the Sophie character, (mini Schnauzer)
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:02 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 167
Mo home garages

I like the Queen Creek homes but I dont need a 3,000 sq ft house need a 1200 sq ft house and 3000 sq ft garage.
__________________
Dsrtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 01:59 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
530ktm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Northern Arizona
Posts: 1,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
DebbieMH,
We moved from San Diego to Lake Havasu City AZ right at 2 years ago. We acquired a brand new, 1850 sq. ft home, complete with RV garage attached. We had some strict parameters for the move.

1. Had to have an RV garage, preferably attached.
2. Had to have room for auxiliary parking for a M/H and or Boat
3. Prefference was to be on a cul de sac
4. Had to have room for a pool, it does get a bit warm here
5. Tiled or Travertine flooring.

Well, after quite a bit of looking around and checking out about 50 homes for sale, we settled on the one we have now. We couldn't be happier. It IS on a cul de sac, it DOES have an RV garage and, it now HAS a pool, and, the side yard, along side the RV garage has been concreted and is now 16' wide and 72' long. We've completely encompassed the yard with walls and gates.

One of the most important things to us that many do not think about is, the RV garage is on the CORRECT SIDE OF THE HOUSE! That is, when we back the coach in, the access door is facing the rest of the two car garage. That way when you're loading or unloading it, or working on something on the inside and need to make multiple trips to the tool box, getting in and out of that door is really nice if the RV garage is on the RIGHT side of the house, as you're looking at it.

And, being on a cul de sac is really nice 'cause you don't have traffic zipping by when you're trying to back into the cave or, setting up for a trip like, hooking up the toad and all that. We park right in the middle of the street if we want. No one is bothered by that.

The "Ramp" or, driveway outside both the two car and the RV garage is 40' long so, I can pull the big girl out and have plenty of room to wash her without being in the street, even though like stated, no one would care on our cul de sac anyway. The additional RV/boat parking is also equipped with full hookups for those who'd like to stop by for a while.

Our place here in Havasu would be triple in cost if we'd have remained in So CAL. We're much happier and have a much better appreciation of life here. PM me if you'd like to know more.
Scott
Scott, that is a fine looking setup. We have been looking all around the country for a place to settle in a couple of years and we would like to have something just like this. We used to go to Havasu all the time when we had boats but the crowds drove me and boating away. May have to rethink it again.
__________________
2014 Itasca Sunova 33C towing a Jeep JK Wrangler
530ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:10 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
mikelm48's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Grapevine, TX
Posts: 974
Lake Whitney RV Community, Lake Whitney, TX
__________________

__________________
Mike
2005 Kountry Star 3907, ISC330, Spartan chassis, M&G braking, Blue Ox Aventa XL
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RV Garage homes at famous Lake Weir Lake Weir Preserve Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More) 0 06-29-2014 10:33 AM
Info on RV Garage Homes RobinfromCA Class A Motorhome Discussions 6 04-07-2014 07:30 PM
To garage or not garage retiredtenn Class A Motorhome Discussions 32 11-25-2013 02:09 PM
Garage or No Garage??? Ryan Toy Haulers Discussion 6 02-09-2009 01:11 PM
looking for trailer that fits in our garage (Trail-Lite Bantam Garage Model, Hi-Lo, or others) sleepy_spaniel Expandables, Hybrids, & Lightweights Discussion 3 04-03-2007 08:45 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.