Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #15

It is the policy of Oceans Lakes at Myrtle Beach to not have motorcycles on the resort grounds. But you can bring them and park them out front, you just can't ride to your site. Most campgrounds allow you to ride to and from your site and others will allow you to ride around the park. I don't know any other campgrounds as restrictive as Ocean lakes.
I stay in N. Fort Myers every winter and bikes are allowed in the 3 campgrounds I have used there.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Nope I really did mean HOA's just to give a perspective that there are restrictions on things you can or can not park somewhere. So an RV park not allowing motorcycles, while rare, is not unusual. I wish it was but it's not.
And in an RV park you are just "renting" a spot for a specified time while with an HOA you are buying into what you can or can not park in front of the house you are spending lots of money to live in for years.
Just reminding people that there are rules on vehicles every where and if you don't like the rules you can politely let them know that you don't like the rules and you will advertise the restrictions so that others will know not to bother them.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #17

We went 4000 miles last summer towing a goldwing and a Royal Star and never had anyone even mention the bikes except to say "ahhhh living the dream". I guess if you are twenty and have a load of dirtbikes, this might be different.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #18

Sounds like Myrtle Beach..... went there about 12 yrs ago and the CG I was at told me I had to leave the bike at the office. Seems common in Myrtle Beach, so I've never gone back.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #19

Unfortunately there are a few. They are mostly RV Resorts.

One I have in mind is Marina Village Camping Club Marina Village Resorts | the best kept secret on Lake Livingston

They do not allow motorcycles at all!

I stayed at this resort once as a guest of my wife's uncle. A very nice gentleman - I think the club President - approached me more than once about becoming a memeber. It was a nice campground in a great location but - and I told him this - they have one rule they'd have to change if they want my membership. They'd have to allow me to bring my motorcycles.

To that he said, "... well, you can park them up at the gate, walk there then ride anywhere you want!" Really!

He went on to tell me that the rule exist because in the early days of the campground, when they were still in the middle of nowhere, many people would ride there dirt bikes through the campground. So they just banned them all. I told him that as a licensed motorcycle rider, on a street legal, insured motorcycle, I had a serious problem with their rule.

Needless to say... they didn't change their rule... and we're not members.
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are full-timing in Kissimmee. When we were investigating parks to stay at, we didn't find any that would not allow us to have bikes on property but one required riders to push their bikes to the front gate before starting them up. My Royal Star Venture weighs about 900 lbs, so that wasn't happening.
Cum catapultae proscriptae soli proscript catapultas habebunt
gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #21

Sugar Mill CC in New Smyrna Beach, Fl does not allow them in the full hookup area. They have water and electric sites and they are OK there. That is the only one I've run across in 25 years of travel.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #22

Gulf Streamers Club
D'Rose Inn & Cabins in Leakey Texas will not rent you a room unless you are on a motorcycle.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
nice to know about the bike rules ..I am looking forward to seeing a few states soon and have a couple of bike I want to bring ....now I know to ask when we make reservations ..
kenjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I wonder what they would say if you drove up in this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.png
Views:	112
Size:	341.2 KB
ID:	35329  
Tyler6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler6357 View Post
I wonder what they would say if you drove up in this.
Nice I was looking for that pic.
Pete1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:53 AM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete1985 View Post
Nice I was looking for that pic.
Yea, that is a very popular photo. Here is a similar one made by the same guy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trikemotorhome.png
Views:	302
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	35369  
Tyler6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:22 AM   #27

I have ridden all my life and have just started to RV last year. I at some point hope to combine the two. I think that some of the issues with the campgrounds is the extreme pipes some of us prefer. I can understand it only from a noise standpoint. This is the first bike I have owned that still has stock pipes on it. I miss the rumble but my wife likes it better.
phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:52 AM   #28

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's unfortunate that all of us that ride are painted with the same orange and black paint. These bans are a direct result of the obscenely loud pipes that some people put on their bike so people will turn their heads to look at them as they go by.

Most of those people are totally different during their daily lives but put them on a loud bike and all of a sudden their need for approval and attention gets the best of them. They make decisions that they normally wouldn't and those decisions affect all of us and park owners make the decision to ban all motorcycles.

Personally I dislike these policies but I can understand their decision and just look for another place to stay.

And Loud pipes do NOT save lives! Situational awareness and talent save lives! Loud pipes simply say "Look at me!"
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote