Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #71

You miss the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil57 View Post
I have meet few people in my life that I wouldn't share the wind with and I just found another. To bad you are most likely a good guy that just let his fingers override his a$$.
I lost a good friend ten years ago. He was 19 and was killed on his bike by a lady that saw him. They made eye contact but as she said it just didn't register and at the last second she turned left in front of him. She got a 45 dollar ticket for failure to yield. I'm sure with all your years of experience and super natural powers you would have avoided her but he didn't and I can assure you the world is not a better place with him gone and it would have been wonderful if he could have "added to the gene pool. I still ride with his dad. In fact I crashed last year at 65 mph on the xway. I guess my skills aren't as good as yours but I've been riding a good long time and I can say with out a doubt in my mind that I was just plain lucky to be alive.
I will withhold what I really think of your post.
You have missed the point
Your 19 year old friend was not a 65 Plus rider. A person that is 65 plus that shows off with noise is the person that should know better. Your 19 year old friend was a selection of accident chosen by independent intervening variable and determined by error beyond critical control .....older people who act dumb with loud pipes are a simple Darwin event being transacted.....

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #72

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We travel on a Honda gold wing towing a POP Up camper and were never declined a place for the night.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #73

Yes, I sometimes trailer my sidecar bike behind my Class A.

Opps, on topic!
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:40 AM   #74

Why canít we all just get along?
Old 04-06-2013, 06:54 AM   #75

Monaco Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
I'm so glad at 62 I still feel like I'm 40 and not a grumpy-old-man sitting in a campground complaining about loud pipes on someones Harley. I ride everyday enjoy riding with others and I love loud pipes. I bet all you grumpy old men owned a set of glass pack mufflers at sometime and I bet you loved the noise. Keep sitting around complaining, turning old, and talking about the last biker with loud pipes you cut off. Thank God I'm still young and there are very few campgrounds and grumpy old men that don't like motorcycles !! (Harley's)
Old 04-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #76

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
I always call first, one more than one occasion I got 'Hope its not a Harley" so we just moved on.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #77

Entegra Owners Club
Did I miss something with my Harley and campgrounds. I think the highest spread limit I've seen in a campground was 15 mph, but most are 5mph.

The only way I can get my stock 2009 Ultra Classic to sound loud and obnoxious at 5 mph would be to pull in the clutch and gun the engine. That makes me an a hole looking for attention...there are a few out there...but they are obvious.

Unfortunately, the "performance" pipes, IMHO, are meant to announce arrival and/or say look at me. They sound good to the rider. For me, I get a little tired of sucking it up for these people. Solution -- enforce the laws for nuisance and decibel strength. Every state requires inspections. Flunk every bike that exceeds the limit. Then hammer those that put the pipes back on after the inspection.

For those who want the increased performance. Buy a bigger engine. They make bikes now with car engines.

And the ops talking about increasing the "being seen" through the increased sound of the pipes -- that's pure, unadulterated hogwash. Quit trying to obscure the facts (for 99% of the potential accidents).
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #78

When wife and I were young which was a long time ago we pulled a trailer with 2 bikes and never had a problem anywhere.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #79

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Did I miss something with my Harley and campgrounds. I think the highest spread limit I've seen in a campground was 15 mph, but most are 5mph.

The only way I can get my stock 2009 Ultra Classic to sound loud and obnoxious at 5 mph would be to pull in the clutch and gun the engine. That makes me an a hole looking for attention...there are a few out there...but they are obvious.

Unfortunately, the "performance" pipes, IMHO, are meant to announce arrival and/or say look at me. They sound good to the rider. For me, I get a little tired of sucking it up for these people. Solution -- enforce the laws for nuisance and decibel strength. Every state requires inspections. Flunk every bike that exceeds the limit. Then hammer those that put the pipes back on after the inspection.

For those who want the increased performance. Buy a bigger engine. They make bikes now with car engines.

And the ops talking about increasing the "being seen" through the increased sound of the pipes -- that's pure, unadulterated hogwash. Quit trying to obscure the facts (for 99% of the potential accidents).
I think they refer to the "stigma" associated with Harleys. They must have seen "Full Throttle Saloons" or some episodes ot Cops. That being said it only happened 2X once in Myrtle Beach and and Florida on the west coast. Otherwise my bikes are always conversation pieces wherever I go.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #80

Newmar Owners Club
I will take any mororcycle passing by me in a campground/resort anyday over barking dogs and screaming kids and then sit and watch the parents tell them both (dogs & kids) to "behave" (yelling) with no results all day long, where did that Harley go?
Old 04-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #81

Entegra Owners Club
X2.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:59 AM   #82

Ford Super Duty Owner
X3. Is there a list of adults only, pet free campgrounds?
Old 04-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #83

This is going to get good
Old 04-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #84

Newmar Owners Club
Loud Motorcycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete1985 View Post
This is going to get good
Must be intermission?