Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
RV ing with motorcycle????

I have a question to ask! What are the rules with rv resorts and motorcycles? I booked a reservation at a resort in SC and they told me that the only time that they allow MC is doing the annual bikeweek. Is this the norm for all rv parks and resort? I'm planning on buying a Goldwing theewheeler when I go fulltime ad pull it for my get around transportation. Give me some feedback on this subject.

mrrob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
I will watch this thread closely my wife and i ride planned on doing exactly that. Keep shiny side up.

Sargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
First one I've heard off not allowing bikes.

I am at a very nice resort this week Aztec in Margate, FL and there are several here.
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
Interesting they won't allow a legally licensed motor vehicle
96 Dynasty 36' that does NOT wander, thanks to RuppParts.com and their superior "poly" suspension bushings
sc3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I have had no problems in my first two months.

I was reviewing a number of Class A (I'll call them super or snob) resorts in Florida. I don't remember which, but there was one that prohibited motorcycles on premises.

I wouldn't worry about it being widespread. As I research my next year and a half I have looked at a lot of resort profiles and this was the only one. There are a lot of toy haulers out there....so plan on it and have a ball.
Dave and Beth
2015 Cornerstone 45J
Ford F-150 and 2016 Polaris Razor
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #6
We have carried a motorcycle around for about 6 years now and the only parks we have been in that do not allow motorcycles are in Myrtle Beach.
If I remember Apache Pier is OK but the other private parks are not.
You have to leave them if you are going to use them at their non secured office area. No exceptions.
They set the rules you have to live with them or move on.
I am surprised when you write that it is OK during bike week because I though that was when and where the problems occurred and why they made the rules. when talking to the staff.
I guess Money trumps the rules sometimes...
The other place we were turned around was trying to enter the Harbor area at Hilton Head Island. The Marina RV Park was OK.
harris155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #7
Monaco Owners Club
DW and I have spent time in many RV parks with our Harleys. Both are fairly loud, especially compared to Goldwings.

We usually ask in advance if the management has a problem with us riding in and out and almost every time the answer has been "not at all. We're glad you're here".

Some of these parks have been pretty upscale but none were "snooty".

There have only been a couple times we were told to honor curfews or noise limits, but still were welcomed.

That said, probably the next park we go to will treat us like the proverbial red headed step child.
Dick & Theresa
2007 HR Endeavor 36 PDQ
Lots of power to pull the toys I don't have time to use!!
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #8
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have never had a problem with Parks and my Harley. They all have rules regarding speed, sometimes safety equipment, along with keeping vehicles off the grass and hiking trails.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #9
Monaco Owners Club
We went round the country last year and did not find one that would let us bring the bike into the park. It would not surprise me that there are a few that are not allowing bikes as there are a few apartment complexes and a lot of HOA's that won't let bikes nor trucks park in them. We just spend our money where it's wanted and don't worry about the others.
Thom and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV. Towing a Fiat 500 Abarth and a Harley.
Our blogged repairs and travels
PyrateSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #10
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a motorized bicycle that I can peddle or run on a 2 stroke engine that is kinda loud. I haven't taken it to any parks yet. I wonder what they will say.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_2370.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	332.7 KB
ID:	34733  
Tyler6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #11
Monaco Owners Club
Just pedal 'til you're off their property. Whenever we are in a park we try to idle our bikes or even coast them as much as possible just to be good neighbors.
Dick & Theresa
2007 HR Endeavor 36 PDQ
Lots of power to pull the toys I don't have time to use!!
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #12
I think that is just a Myrtle Beach, SC policy. Motorcycles are not allowed at the hotels either.
Nathan and Linda, 2000 Winnebago Chieftain 35U, F53 Chassis, Banks Power Pack
Patrol 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #13
Ok thanks a lot. Piratesilly,did you mean,KOA's ???[HOA]
mrrob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #14
Fleetwood Owners Club
For 9 years(99 to 08) I traveled from May through September pulling a 14' enclosed trailer with either a Yamaha Venture Royal trike or a HD FXSTI inside.
Never had a problem with any campground. From FL. to Maine to IN. to CO. and many states in between them.

I went to visit a friend at a N. Fort Myers FL. campground and no bikes allowed there. Back in the 80's when traveling on the bike a CG in the east only allowed bike to be pushed in & out of the campground.

And one in WI. no bikes allowed.
I found another campground less then 10 miles away that would, and it was less $$. So the no bike one did me a favor.

If they say no bikes then they will be another campground in the area that will.
On the bike I did all 48 lower from "83" through "89"

99 Discovery 34Q ISB
2014 MKS AWD EcoBoost Toad
Fulltime Since "99"
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote