Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #15

The people who routinely leave their black tank valve open all have one thing in common; they are aquainted with the dreaded pyramid or are going to get aquainted with it.

I don't have a macerator yet but it is on my list.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2010, 05:08 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I agree with VegasDan, I use mine when I need to hook up at a long distance, or if the dump happens to be uphill. Otherwise I see no advantage over a standard 4-inch hose. With the 4-inch hose, as long as you follow recommendations of not dumping until your tank is almost full, you'll most certainly get a better clean out because of the volume of water. And, from time to time if you take the unit off and inspect the unit I've seen paper and other debris wound around the impeller

Now if the macerator actually had a good suction capability it would be different, but it doesn't provide that.

Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:37 AM   #17
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have used CLEAN-DUMP for many years and have the 3" for sewer connections if needed.
The macerator does not have suction capability just as your 3" hose does not its gravity for flow of waste material but 3" cannot flow up hill if necessary.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:36 AM   #18

I've had a Sani-Con system for over 6 years...As others have said, you can pump over 100' if need be...The 1" hose makes it a snap to setup and store...I'd buy another in a second but if I wanted a 3" hose, it would be a Rhinoflex system for under 40 bucks...My neighbor has one and it it is made to last....
Old 12-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
We had people from our chapter/club Install them;; I can only ask WHY;; The sewer drain is 3" in diameter That should be large enough to handle most big turds;;; Lets take this one step further;; Try to understand how a septic system works.. We have 3 in our rentals. Is the sewage is left like it is the septic system will work ;;; The flotation and drawdown water pick up. It works;; Now you use that grinder it becomes so fine that it will be carried out in the drain field and over time it will need to be replaced;; As the drainfield is only for water. I have footed the bill, To repair what that Fine piece of equipment had done to the drain field;; If you feel Ok using it . thats oK;; I do not want to dissagree with any one ;;and I respect your position; This is only my experiance;; Oh We had a tennent at our park that thought it was ok to dump His masserated black tank with his gray water on the Ground , Because it was chewed up so fine;; Oh well;;; Life is good
Old 12-12-2010, 09:19 AM   #20
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Some of us may have to pump over 100' to a dump at home for instance and up hill to boot.
Septic systems have a filter in sewage tank before the leach field.
That Tennant would be fined around here.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
After pumping black and then pumping the grey out, I have a long handled, long nose plier to use to get the hair out of the impeller area. I got the plier at Harbour freight. If you allow the hair to build up eventually the impeller will jamb at the most inconvenient time.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Hi bachler,
You ask why. For me it is because the Sani-Con system is a closed system. Simple as that. One little cap at the end of the line to put on or take off. Everything else remains closed . The hose is very flexible, easy to store and there is no contamination coming out the end when storing. All I see with the 3" hose is contamination. What I see with the Sani-Con is as neat and as contamination free as possible.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
I had the missfortune of working at a Sewer treatment plant; And have worked off and on in the sewer Lines. First there is no screen in a septic system; I have had to go down in them many times and re attach the drain T; Also at the plant It worked much better with the regular sewage; Didn't need that micro filter; Also as stated in a prior post;; In The Seattle area You are Lieble to be Fined Heavely for running Storm drain Water into the sewer;; The treatment plant charges Per gallon treated. And the City, don't feel storm drain water needs to be treated.. Just the Facts;;
Old 12-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #24
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Vegasdan, tell your ladies to not place anything other than toilet paper down holding tanks it can make for a real messy operation getting something else out of a jammed macerator.
I'm afraid MA. title 5 septic systems have a filter before the fluid tank so pump only pumps water into leach field.
Some camp grounds have septic systems around here not city sewage.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #25

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
Vegasdan, tell your ladies to not place anything other than toilet paper down holding tanks it can make for a real messy operation getting something else out of a jammed macerator.
I'm afraid MA. title 5 septic systems have a filter before the fluid tank so pump only pumps water into leach field.
Some camp grounds have septic systems around here not city sewage.
"Ladies"? Geez, don't tell my DW.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:00 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
I have the factory installed Sani-Con system I ordered when I had my coach built and love it. After more than three years I see no evidence of waste buildup or any offensive odors. Sure beats rinsing and handling the stinky slinky every time. I also use my black tank rinsing system every time I dump the black tank then rinse the drain hose good with gray water.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:15 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
macerator pump

i have a flo-jet portable and it works great. i hook it up after we have been on the road a couple of days and hopeing we will be staying longer than one night. it has a 25' hose attachment with the proper adapter for hooking up to camp ground sewer. pump the black first and followed by the grey. keep extra long needle nose pliers handy to reach the impeller for cleaning lint and hair. obviously, i carry a 3" sewer hose incase of pump failure.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:54 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
I just want to make it Clear; I do not dissagree with any one;; They can use the s--- Grinder Any time they want; And some need to;; I do just feel better If you don't use it in any of the systems that I have to maintain or repair;; Just my opion;; No disrespect to any one..