Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2015, 09:01 AM   #1

RV Park Mystery

Just curious, why do I see so many folks that have full sized rigs use campground showers? In a drycamping situation I could see it but otherwise I prefer the shower in my motorhome.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2015, 09:08 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsupersonic View Post
Just curious, why do I see so many folks that have full sized rigs use campground showers? In a drycamping situation I could see it but otherwise I prefer the shower in my motorhome.
For the most part, I use the campground showers if more than one of us is using the RV shower so not to fill up the holding tank even faster (if there's no sewer hook-up). Plus, I prefer the water pressure from a campground shower.

We recently stayed at Crazy Horse Campgrounds in Lake Havasu and the walk to the showers was uphill and a bit far. So we all used the RV shower.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:12 AM   #3

If I'm staying at a state park that does not have sewer which is most of them, I will use park facilities to reduce the number of times I have to tote the tote to the dump station.

Sometimes I want a really hot, long, refreshing shower and usually the park shower provides this and I don't fill the tanks nor fill the MH with steam.

At FHU sites, the story changes and I use my stuff all the time.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:15 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I like to mix things up with the quick military shower as needed and the long hot soaking shower in the park facilities for comfort.
tim myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:29 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post
I like to mix things up with the quick military shower as needed and the long hot soaking shower in the park facilities for comfort.
This is my method of operation as well. But, the DW will only use her own RV shower.
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:36 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Where we camp most often, there is no sewer hook up, but they offer pump out for $7. I always shower in the MH, and DW uses the campground shower 1/2 the time. Doing this we need a pump out about every 7 days. So as I look at it it's worth it to me to spend $1 a day to shower in my own rig.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:11 AM   #7

I can honestly say that in about 26 years of "camping" in my adult life, I have never noticed or cared who might or might not have used a campground shower.
In that 26 years I have had a travel trailer, slide in truck camper and four Class Cs (one of which I have never and will never use), which all had showers (my tent and a pop up didn't have a shower ).
The only time I have used an RV shower was one time, shortly after buying my 31K in 2013, just to see how it was. The others, (other than the 31C, which I won't be using), all seemed like they would have been too small and a pain to use.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:19 AM   #8

I just like to hear other people sing. They sound as bad as I do..
Todd157k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:24 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsupersonic View Post
Given that scenario (full hook ups), I do not know. I might guess that they do not have an electric water heater and want to save their propane or possibly they don't like their own shower (too small or ???).
Old 09-29-2015, 10:25 AM   #10

Don't want to hi jack the thread but what about doing one's daily business at the campground or in the RV?
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:43 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I guess this is why I purchased this rig and the others like it that I had before. Otherwise, if I was going to use the shower house for "all" my business I could have just gone with a tent. JMO
Old 09-29-2015, 01:57 PM   #12

facilities

we use our own.

Jim
sprayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:02 PM   #13

I'm a bit OCD, well a lot, okay, and I despise using a public anything, so there.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:26 PM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
We use the campground facilities about 99% of the time. If its clean, roomy, plenty of privacy and hot water. Why not. Its usually also a good time to throw a load in the washer or dryer.

I don't like de-winterizing the water heater if I don't have to. We also use our MH shower as our walk in closet.

Add cloths hanger bar to use shower as closet | 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote