Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #1

RV Parking at sports venues (Seattle or anywhere)

I'm curious about parking at sports venues like CenturyLink field (Seattle Seahawks), or Safeco field. Generically speaking, are there typically RV overnight spots at pro-sports venues where you can pull in the day before the big game to avoid the traffic, enjoy tailgating, and just relax before the game? I didn't see anything specifically for either one of my examples above. I think Safeco field mentioned charter bus and RV parking in a northern lot way off somewhere. And if the parking is off-site, would I feel comfortable enough to leave my motorhome unattended to bring my family into the stadium for a game? Anybody frequent games at big stadiums in their motorhome?

2013 Fleetwood Storm 32BH, cheap handling fix, 5-Star tuned, custom cut Tempurpedic mattress, LED'd out, and custom mounted dog kennel. 14' JKU Willys Wheeler toad, SMI Stay-n-Play brakes, Demco Commander tow bar, Roadmaster brackets
nomad10th is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Way on the other coast but from what I understand at Ralph Wilson stadium, home to the Buffalo Bills there is an RV lot you can show up at as early as Friday for a Sunday game and stay until Monday if your want for $50. I would give a call to any stadium you want to tailgate at and quiz them about it.

I think is is a great thing to be able to have fun tailgating, watch the game and have adult beverages without any worry about driving after. We actually took our MH, with permission from the restaurant, to a wedding reception. Neither one of us will drive even after a couple of beers so it took off any pressure. We hung around the outdoor tiki bar afterwards and had a blast.

HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #3

With so many large sports arenas around the country, I won't dare speak for all of them, but when the Final Four was held in the Georgia Dome last spring, they had a lot sectioned off for RVs. I would think that most large venues would do so. Have you tried the website for the particular venue?
Old 09-25-2013, 12:59 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Safeco Field North lot isn't very far. It is the old Kingdom. Rv parking last we went was $50 for the day I believe.

2006 Four Winds 28A, Ford V10, E450 Toad 2000 Geo Tracker.
DogNPonyshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #5

Ok thanks. I'll give it a try
2013 Fleetwood Storm 32BH, cheap handling fix, 5-Star tuned, custom cut Tempurpedic mattress, LED'd out, and custom mounted dog kennel. 14' JKU Willys Wheeler toad, SMI Stay-n-Play brakes, Demco Commander tow bar, Roadmaster brackets
nomad10th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Not sure about pro, but while at Ann Arbor a few weeks past, a lot close to the stadium they were advertizing motorhome parking for $250.00.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA charges RV's $150 to park in a lot across the Rt. 1 from the Patriots stadium. You will be lumped in with all of the Charter Buses. This is for concerts or football games. We brought 10 people for the Kenny Chesney show in August so it wasn't too bad split up.

In June we attended the CMA Fest in Nashville at the Titans Stadium and paid $150 for the whole 4 day show. Couldn't overnight but very close to the stadium and the walking bridge over the river into the Broadway area with all the restaurants & clubs. Very easy to get in & out unlike Gillette. Would have loved to go to some College & Pro football games around the Northeast & Midwest but they don't seem to RV friendly.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Candlestick, SF 49ers. has a RV park directly accross the street from the ring road. $80ish per day non game day, $120ish game day. We had a great 4 days for a Monday night game last year. The park didn't have a lot of ammenities, but that's why I have a MH, I bring what I need/want. It was less than 4 minute walk from RV entrance , thru the candlestick lot, to the escalators into the game. We plan to go again this year, because who knows what they may have at the new Santa Clara 49ers stadium.

Chuck13 is offline   Reply With Quote