Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2015, 01:45 PM   #1

RV Proctologist

Has anyone used he RV Proctologist in Quartzsite? Having sensor problems on both black and grey and not sure the black tank doesn't have a lot of build up from 10 years of constant use. If you have used him, are you satisfied with the results?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2015, 06:35 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The standard sensors work one time.. After the initial use they show partial full even when you can open the flush valve and see daylight shingin in your 5" Clear extension down below.

Horst Miricale probes

See Level sensors

Both claim to cure it

I'm working on a different plan but it may take a month or 3..

In short: your sensors are working as designed.....Crappie.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:50 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
"The standard sensors work one time.. After the initial use they show partial full even when you can open the flush valve and see daylight shingin in your 5" Clear extension down below."

I wouldn't take this for the gospel truth.

I haven't used the service in question but a couple of years ago the guy next door had them out for their plugged up black tank. Took them about 30 minutes to unclog, clean out the tank, and make the owner a happy camper.

To prevent sensor foul ups in the future, install a in tank flusher and subscribe to the Geo Method https://sites.google.com/site/cbruni/

I use the cheapest soap and water softener I can find.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:03 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
We have seen them a couple times working at our park in Yuma. Must be OK as have not heard any negative feedback.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:05 PM   #5

Had them out and it was well worth the $$$. They cleaned out a lot of scale and hardened residue. Cleaned both grey and black. After recalibrating the sensors they are working fine. Watched them and will probably rig up the same cleaning system and do it myself next time. After ten years of full timing it was time for a thorough flush.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:34 AM   #6

Might we ask what this service costs? $$$ means somewhat expensive at a restaurant review site ($=cheap;$$=moderate;$$$=expensive; $$$$=very expensive; and $$$$$=if you have to ask don't bother eating here), what does $$$ mean to the RV Proctologist?
Old 04-19-2015, 07:59 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Like anything else you hire a contractor for, the value is up to you. How much time and effort would you like to spend on it, versus having a professional do it for you and save you the messy work?

Getting cruddy sensors working again mostly takes time, and a varying amount of mess depending on how you back-flush or down-wash the tanks through the toilet. Personally I hate hauling a hose and wand into the coach, and that method didn't do much to get the sensors in my '92 Winnie working much better than when we bought it used a couple of years ago. Back-flushing with a fitting on the dump valve extension only seemed to blast crud back onto the sensors and make them read even worse. What did work was slow, but definitely less messy and stinky. I hooked up a Flojet portable macerator and did it the slow way. Drain though the macerator, back-fill and float the gunk off the sides and probes, drain again with the macerator and repeat three or four times. Each back-fill and drain floated away a significant amount of gunk visible in a clear extension fitting. Once it drained clear save for a few tiny particles, I checked the panel and for the first time ever, it read correctly.

Best bet is check with the service and find out how they approach the job. If they don't do anything you've already tried (and hasn't worked) then maybe pass on it. On the other hand, if they offer you some alternatives and a satisfaction guarantee, go for it and save yourself some hassle if it seems worth it.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:09 PM   #8

GEO method for me, works great and the price is right.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:54 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I belive in the Geo method too. Our first MH sat for 13 months in Texas heat. By the middle of the summer I was embarrassed by the way the coach smelled despite using the 'bio degradable' kill the order and keep your tank clean and sweet stuff. Finally met a lady Rver who told me to start using Borax which is a water conditioner. Took about a month, but it worked. Next time we moved the coach I made sure I had about a 1/2 tank and added more softer and liquid detergent. It wasn't the most pleasant trip, but every black water sensor was working great after we dumped and flushed. I have only used the Borax in the second coach since we got it. The tank was smelly, but is fine now. Once in a while while sitting still I might get a whiff of something and if I check the tanks it is time to dump and flush. I use a cup of the conditioner split between 2 gallons of water. You do have to agitate it well and use moderately hot water to disolved it. I fill the container halfway add the 1/2 cup and shake. Then add a bit more water and shake some more. Finally fill and a few more shakes, then down the commode it goes. After I am done I use a soft swab to insure the commode seals are clean and then I'm done. Total time 30 minutes start to finish.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:59 AM   #10

About twice a year I'll fill the Black Tank at home & add some Dawn dishwashing liquid thru the toilet. Get to our destination & dump the black tank. Keeps my sensors working. (just another option)