Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #29

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
I would call my place...OTTSS RESORT....Only Trailer Trash Shall Stay.

Ken
BYOPC (Bring Your Own Pink Chicken)

& 2014 Jeep Sahara Unlimited Toad
"Get It While You Can"
jwomack is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #30

I think most of us pick a campground for the attractions (whatever they may be)in the immediate area...not for the CG in of itself. When one is on a week-end or a 2 week getaway, the campground then becomes a priority. But when traveling for an extended time, for me the area of interest IS the priority...not the CG.

That said, I'd much rather spend resources on getting to my chosen area and enjoying the surroundings than to spend $50-70 for a 20' by 70' parcel of dirt I really do not want to own. IMO, there are just too many interesting places to go/see to limit one's self in spending that kind of money staying in a campground. Well, I would REALLY like a permanent, full hook-up site adjacent to the Alpine Visitor Center in Rocky Mountain NP., but that's not gonna happen.

The blue skies, snow capped mountains, calm reflective waters and green valleys are to me, the attraction...not the campground. Sure, the owners have every right to their chosen clientèle just as I have the option of spending my money elsewhere. YMMV. Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Jan and Bob you are correct. I built and operated a campground several years and I've had numerous people contact me asking advice on building their own place. My first statement is always the same "people won't come to a campground just because it's nice but they will flock to a nice campground in a place they are coming to".

I know that destination campgrounds exist but how many are in a place that is inhospitable otherwise, they are almost always located near the ocean or some other attractive environment.
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Hey I'm just happy they allow our 40 foot diesel into the state parks and national forests. It would be tragic for us if they didn't
Old 01-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #33
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I didn't qualify for some of the "resorts".

My MH did, but I didn't. Too expensive for me!

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #34
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I think that's why they call them "resorts" - they can charge more!! Although, I think some need to look up the meaning of the word resort.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #35

I have an american eagle 40, deisel and called a please near gatlinburg, TN. As the owner was telling me all the rules, I got turned off and didn't wan't to go to a snooty place. Ended up going A national park in Gatlinburg and hung out with tent campers. The nicest thing about it was the creek sound made me sleep and sleep. My family loved the weekend we had in the smokies. The snooty folks call all kiss my.....
Old 01-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #36

I first started RVing by buying a cheap, light, used trailer to pull behind a van, and the wife and I took our dogs to dog shows. Our first trip was to the Scottsdale show in March, and I was too young and my trailer too old for almost all the PV parks!

Then I bought a bigger newer trailer, and found I couldn't get into a lot of RV parks because I had dogs.

Now I have a 42 foot diesel pusher and I won't stay anyplace with rules, other than rules about behavior (who likes rude people?). Why would you only want to be around old people with big motor homes?
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by distaff View Post
I first started RVing by buying a cheap, light, used trailer to pull behind a van, and the wife and I took our dogs to dog shows. Our first trip was to the Scottsdale show in March, and I was too young and my trailer too old for almost all the PV parks!

Then I bought a bigger newer trailer, and found I couldn't get into a lot of RV parks because I had dogs.

Now I have a 42 foot diesel pusher and I won't stay anyplace with rules, other than rules about behavior (who likes rude people?). Why would you only want to be around old people with big motor homes?
Nice looking dog ,what breed?
Old 01-11-2011, 09:45 PM   #38

Quote:
... Our first trip was to the Scottsdale show in March, and I was too young and my trailer too old for almost all the PV parks!...
We ran into that problem in TX. Pulled up to an RV park and they informed us that David could stay (the magic age of 55) but Stacey (23) and I (49) were too young and we couldn't stay! And the bad thing was they were dead serious about David staying and us being elsewhere. Of course it would have been nice if the idiots had told us that before we drove from one side of Corpus Christi all the way over to the other side! Oh yeah, we informed them of that too since there were no "adults only" notice anywhere on their Phone book ad or on the signs outside the park. So we drove down the same road (opposite direction) and ended up staying on the West side of Flour Bluff. Later we decided we were very glad that we were not next door to the military base.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #39
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
We ran into that problem in TX. Pulled up to an RV park and they informed us that David could stay (the magic age of 55) but Stacey (23) and I (49) were too young and we couldn't stay! And the bad thing was they were dead serious about David staying and us being elsewhere. Of course it would have been nice if the idiots had told us that before we drove from one side of Corpus Christi all the way over to the other side! Oh yeah, we informed them of that too since there were no "adults only" notice anywhere on their Phone book ad or on the signs outside the park. So we drove down the same road (opposite direction) and ended up staying on the West side of Flour Bluff. Later we decided we were very glad that we were not next door to the military base.
Can't say as if I blame them I don't know if I want to be living next to some 23 and 49 year wild kids
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #40

Finn McCool

Mike/Peggy,

That is Finn McCool, he is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. We breed them. I call our Patriot Thunder "Finn's Palace" since I bought it so when we went on the road to dog shows we would not be forced to leave our retired show dogs at home.

We are restricted from a lot of RV parks by rules on dog breeds, as you probably are by Zeus.

Here is a litter we just had (keeping us close to home this winter).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3437.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	7657  
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #41

Tiffin Owners Club
My RV Park insurance said I could not allow dogs over forty pounds or certain breeds including Pit Bulls, Dobermans, Chows, Rots and couple of others. We chose to ignore their rules.

Never had a dog bite or any other dog related incident in all the time we had the park other than a few barking complaints.
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Mike/Peggy,

That is Finn McCool, he is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. We breed them. I call our Patriot Thunder "Finn's Palace" since I bought it so when we went on the road to dog shows we would not be forced to leave our retired show dogs at home.

We are restricted from a lot of RV parks by rules on dog breeds, as you probably are by Zeus.

Here is a litter we just had (keeping us close to home this winter).
Beautiful pups! Zeus is an Johnson American Bulldog, we keep his papers with us when we travel to avoid the pitbull cr*p. He's a 110 lb pussycat. He immediately loses 15 lbs. when we get to a CG with weight restrictions. Folks don't understand about a dog upbringing.