Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-09-2007, 04:37 AM   #1
Does anyone pay to have their coaches washed? If so, what is a fair price for an exterior wash and wax?

Nathan Focht

Wife, 3 kids, and mother-in-law
Nathan Focht is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2007, 04:37 AM   #2
Does anyone pay to have their coaches washed? If so, what is a fair price for an exterior wash and wax?

Nathan Focht

Wife, 3 kids, and mother-in-law
Nathan Focht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:14 AM   #3
Had ours done in a Houston, Texas RV park in March of this year. Hand wash and hand wax, great job for $250.00.
turtle boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:21 AM   #4
Our 35' MH was done in Yuma AZ last year for $100.00, but thats a rare price. Look to pay more.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I paid $75 in Chula Vista, CA for a mobile service to come to me. Two men spent 2 hours and did a great job. My only experience so far.
Wayne & Roberta and Maggie the Miracle Dog
08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis
Making the Journey in our Destination

UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:57 AM   #6
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
In October 2005, I paid $3 per foot for exterior & roof wash, and apply hot wax. That was with a mobile RV wash guy at Myrtle Beach SC. He had all the required equipment mounted on his truck. Scrubbed the roof with a long handle brush.
Paul (KE5LXU) ...was fulltimin', now parttimin'
'03 Winnebago UA 40e / '05 Honda Odyssey toad
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:17 AM   #7
I like to wash mine myself because I do an inspection while washing and do the repairs later. But last year in Mexico I had is washed and hand waxed for $66. That was an offer I couldn't refuse.
2005 Dutch Star 4015
2007 Honda CR-V
Norm Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:18 AM   #8
Prices for a 45' coach, wash only, run from $45.00 to $65.00 USD throughout the US.

Seldom do they charge more. If the operator wants $85 or more, I have them throw in the toed.

You can add spray (hot) wax, etc.,Just like the car wash. I always exspect the operator to have a ladder, allowing for a good brushing of the roof. I also make sure the mobil-wash is sanctioned by the park or resort and has the proper insurance.
Here at Outdoor Resorts in Las Vegas, a wash and HAND-WAX runs $250.00. Well worth it.

In Disney World (Fort Wilderness), I pay $65.00 to a high of $85.00 for a wash with spray wax.

While traveling there is always the truck wash which may include RV's and busses. Make sure they hand brush and do not use harsh chemicals.
Truck washes depend for the most on chemicals to clean a commercial vehicle.
For this reason make sure the company you use is familiar with RV's. You can always discuss the services they offer before the wash.
If for any reason you are not happy with the possibility of your coach being damaged, pull out of the wash bay. This is never a problem.

BlueBeacon is good ($45.00)for a wash only. Have them pressure wash the under carriage. Mention you request brushes to chemicals, no chemicals, brighteners and cover the wheels. I us BB to eliminate salt and road aquired paint oxidizers while traveling from coast to coast. The Beacon has a base price for a wash, the cost increases with whatever additional services you wish to have done.
You must have FALLEN OFF the TURNIP TRUCK!
Heck no I was DRIVING.
Class:A, 45',Super Duty diesel toad,H-D load.
MMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:03 PM   #9
In Florida at two owner oriented campgrounds at which I have friends, the prices range generally from $80 - $100 per wash. Some regularly schedule for weekly washings... I like to do it myself and probably too cheap to pay someone that sum when I physically remain able.

At Tiger Run in Breckenridge, Colorado this summer there was a fellow and his gal who came to wash for the sum of $100, regardless of length. He carried deionized rinsing water with him in a tank from the local sewer processing plant... sure saved him some labor in not having to wipe off the water after the washing process.(and no one complained about the smell, either).
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 04:29 PM   #10
Freightliner Owners Club
Since it is almost impossible to wash a rig in a CG I have availed myself of a wash service and paid about $50 for a 32' MoHo. I have had the same rig washed and waxed for $225. I was pleased with the results.

Nick, Journey '01
Allegro Red 34QFA 2014
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:07 PM   #11
Monaco Owners Club
Many Campgrounds will let you wash there if you pay extra for water. $5.00 is what I have paid. I have only asked during the week. Week ends are too busy and all the water pressure is needed.
2007 Monaco Camelot 40 PAQ
2007 JK 4Door Jeep
UPS 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:28 AM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
As an aside-- You might want to look at REJEX as an alternate to the "Wax" application. I read about it on this forum some time ago and I'm impressed with the results. The bug splatters have been washed off by the rain when parked-- I could'nt believe it!! Tru Value hardware stores carry it, or go on line. It cost more, $20 for enough to do the coach, and you must apply it as directed. It's easy to apply and I put it on the windshield too. Good luck,

Max H
2002 Newmar Mountain Aire,gasser, W-22, 8.1 Vortac
Max H,
2002 Newmar Mountain Aire, 37', 3778, W-22, 8.1 Vortac, Ultra Power upgrade, CAI (cold air intake), Taylor wires, colder plugs, Koni shocks.
Max Hubrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:44 PM   #13
Monaco Owners Club
We have typically had the dealer or service provider do the wash... usually $75 - $80. Well worth it for us...

Good info in this thread though... we'd like to be able to either have someone come to us or find a safe truck (RV) wash.

Brenda & Tony, traveling with Chocolate Lab Cadbury and Cavalier King Charles Spaniels Rossi, Hayden, Millie, & Hercules... towing an assortment of motorcycles!
bsavage is offline   Reply With Quote