Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Safe-T-Plus

Which is better, safe-t-plus, blueox, roadmaster or other devices. Looking to have something installed and have read many different opinions.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I suspect you're going to hear even more opinions on this now that you've asked. We have used the Safe T Plus for three years now and it made a big difference in how our coach handled. We love it and the extra margin of safety it provides in the event of a blowout. Getting the trim kit with it is a must however so you can adjust it while driving. Trim kit wasn't available when I had mine installed and it's now on my wish list.

A lot of folks feel that any steering stablizer is a band aid to cover chasis problems which, if fixed, would make the stablizer unnecessary. I suppose that's probably true but I was frustrated after my dealer and two different Freightline Oasis shops couldn't do much to help the road wander.

Good luck...

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
safe-T-plus

spoke to safe-T-plus and if you install the trim made by another co. safe-T-plus warrenty is void. Did find through safe-T-plus a co. called Fleet Pride in KC (1.800.992.7869 Dave) that will sell the 41-230 for class A ford at $445.00 and the mounting braket for $45.00. Easy to install with no drilling, welding etc..
Old 11-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron View Post
spoke to safe-T-plus and if you install the trim made by another co. safe-T-plus warrenty is void. Did find through safe-T-plus a co. called Fleet Pride in KC (1.800.992.7869 Dave) that will sell the 41-230 for class A ford at $445.00 and the mounting braket for $45.00. Easy to install with no drilling, welding etc..
This is the one I'm talking about. SuperSteer Trim Unit for Freightliner Chassis

Was it your impression that installing this unit would void the Safe T Plus warranty?

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
I had the steering stabilizing unit installed on our 2010 mirada this past april and tomorrow (friday) I'm having a new rear trac-bar installed. The steering stabilizer helped tremendously against road wander and crosswinds, especially when an 18 wheeler comes screaming by at 80mph

Our unit is 37 feet nose to tail and 12'10" tall, so every little bit helps. I do not have the trim unit installed because I'm so impressed with the steering improvement that I didn't want to mess with it.

I'll report back after I get the coach back home next week on any improvements or disappointments.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #6

Let us know the results of that i would like To know tanks Joe
Old 11-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Safe-t-plus

Just ordered one from Fleet Pack in KC, $445.00 plus $45.00 for the mounting braket. Will install myself along with the four Koni shocks I just ordered.