Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2015, 10:53 AM   #1

Sailon tires

Ordered 6 tires. Tire guy recommended 6 steering. Also said good quality. Looking for feed back. Anyone?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2015, 11:03 AM   #2

Sailun tires have a pretty good reputation around here. Lots of people are using them, and those who do use them never seem to have anything bad to say about them.

Put them on, try them out and report your findings here!

Old 08-07-2015, 11:45 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Haven't used them on a MH, but on a 5th wheel, they're outstanding.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:55 PM   #4

Sweet. Thanks for feedback. I'll put them on next week. Going to mass and north east labor day week. I'll let you know.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:20 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have them and seem to ride nicely. No problems with them.
Tom Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:42 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Of all the tire companies based in China, I believe that both Sailun and Samson have some of the best reputations in the commercial trucking industry. Personally, I'm moving closer and closer to actually considering tires from Chinese-based companies. I'm not as concerned about the quality as Sailun and some of the other Chinese brands are a good tire, I'm just a bit uncomfortable about the "political aspects" of buying from a Chinese-based company.

Here's a quote from a VP at Dynamic Tire, Brian Mielko, that also sells commercial truck tires, :
Quote:
"The Sailun brand is sold in 125-plus countries worldwide.

Additionally, he pointed out that Chinese industry is perfectly capable of making first-rate stuff. 'Don’t tell me the ground that the factory sits on has anything to do with the quality of the product coming out of it' he said. Going on, “they build a heck of a lot of the parts for airplanes that are overhead;” they also make Apple iPads and Sony flat-screen TVs.

Candidly, Mielko said they can build you a terrible tire or they can build you a great tire… It all comes down to engineering and materials.

Tire Makers Michelin, Goodyear, Yokohama and Continental “they’re all there building tires in China” Mielko said, adding that Pirelli’s biggest factory is located there."
...from this interesting article on car tires:

Should I Buy Tires Made in China?

I'm confident that you'll find your Sailun tires a quality product and they'll serve you well.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:32 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I put a set on my Dump truck (8 rear 11 24.5) last fall and I am actually surprised at how well they doing. They have seen some tough road conditions and are handling it well. They seem to ride and handle the same as anything else I have used.
I will put another set on when it is time. I would consider them for my coach as well.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:22 AM   #8

Lots of people like to slam 'china bombs' but I'm willing to bet they are unknowingly driving on them anyways.

Michelin, Goodyear, Yokohama and Continental all make some of their tires in China.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:12 PM   #9

I bought 6 new one about a year and 4,000 miles ago. Much better riding and handling than the good years I took off. Had to go from f to g,s in 245-75-19.5
Old 08-18-2015, 04:38 PM   #10

Had my tires installed with dynamic beads. Road smooth and straight at 65. Happy so far. Will see what kind of milage I get.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:53 PM   #11

After much research I've decided on Sailun truck tires too. $2,200 for 6, mounted, balanced, installed, and taxes included. Apparently any tire store that sells Cooper tires can also sell Sailun. I put 4, LR G on our 5er and eliminated tire problems.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires