Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #43

National RV Owners Club
Local ordinances - Several years ago at a Walmart in I think Casa Grande, AZ I asked about parking overnight and the lady at the desk said Walmart does not have a problem but the local police will write you a real nasty ticket. We passed on parking there.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
We have been a member of Sam's for many years, and I've got to say that what the OP has said; well, there just seems to be more to the story.

So, yesterday, I sent the following email to Sam's Club:
"Been a satisfied member of Sams Club for many years, and I still am, but I have a question. I'm a member of a motorhome forum, and someone has been campaigning against Sams Club. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/sams-club-179463.html , saying he was told he cannot shop in the store (Wilkes Barre, Pa) because he came to the store in his motorhome, and they will not allow motorhomes in the parking lot, even if only for a short time to do their shopping. Is this true? I find it hard to believe."

Today, I received this reply:
To help us provide the best service possible to you, please do not change the subject of, or any replies to, this email. I am not aware of not letting motor homes park in our parking lot. We do allow this; the only thing we would not allow is plugging into our store, or staying longer then 24 hrs. I hope this answers your question. If you have any others please call me at the club. Thank you, MSAM 570-821-5500

You decide.
I will continue to do business with Sam's Club, as always.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #45

Fleetwood Owners Club
Now the truth starts to come out. What is amassing about many of the previous posts is the percentage of people who will believe anything which they read. I am suspecting that the OP was asked to move because the employee thought he was going to interfere with the delivery truck traffic into the store. The OP probably got mad and did not make an effort to understand the situation.
targaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
He did not say WILKES-BARRE, I did. He shops at Scranton, read it again folks.
Karen
Old 10-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
It would be interesting to check Scranton Sams.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #48

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow5656 View Post
NO BONE TO PICK!! I live 5 miles from the store!!! So you think a manager would walk out to the parking lot to tell people to leave??
Yes, they did it to us at a Wal*Mart in CA. And it was the Manager, not the Assistant Manager. Told us it was a city ordinance but if we left before 8:00 am it would be fine. McD's gave us free coffee in the morning too.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by targaboat View Post
Now the truth starts to come out. What is amassing about many of the previous posts is the percentage of people who will believe anything which they read. I am suspecting that the OP was asked to move because the employee thought he was going to interfere with the delivery truck traffic into the store. The OP probably got mad and did not make an effort to understand the situation.
Go BACK and READ I was parked where I was as to NOT impead the delivery trucks!!!! I also told you all( if you had taken the time to READ) I OWN a trucking co and drove one of my own for 20 plus years. As to the TRUTH coming out?? It was told in the original post. As to the EMAIL someone SAYS they got.. Funny I sent a email asking what the policy was and asking why I was asked to leave.and I also stated I would cancel my membership if that was the policy... I got back to go in the store and they would refund my membership!! ANOTHER post that was in this thread to READ!!!
Old 10-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway2013 View Post
He did not say WILKES-BARRE, I did. He shops at Scranton, read it again folks.
Karen
It's called "selective" reading Karen!!
Old 10-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #51

Chow,
I don't remember seeing campers there, is it possibly a Dickson City Ordinance?
Old 10-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #52

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have no more comments. The whole thread does not make sense as in not logical. We are missing facts in the story.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Well Chow, there was no "selective reading" on my part, as I read every word of every post in this thread. I wouldn't have sent the email to corporate headquarters, telling them about an incident in Wlkes Barre, if I had remembered it was Scranton. In any case, the email I sent to them, the reply I received this morning, is re-posted word for word in it's entirety, in my post.

So what I shall do now, is to send my email to corporate again, correcting the store location to Scranton, and will await their reply. I will post back when I hear from them.

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other, what their policy is. I will abide by whatever it is, and if some stores do not allow RV parking, then so be it.

Seems like you will never be happy with Sams. I suggest you go get your money back, and move on.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #54
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I'm just thinking out loud. IF there were a city/county ordinance why would the employee tell a person to move? It would be up to the local authorities. What, would the store get fined for someone violating the ordinance? I don't think so.

If there was a store policy because of "whatever" reason, it would not be in an employee or manager's job description to make you leave once you have been told. If I were the manager I would call the local authorities and let them take care of it. I would wager that "anyone" approached by law enforcement and asked/told to leave would pack up and get. To not do so could result in towing and impounding of the RV.

My conclusion of my thinking. Do what is right and within the letter of the law, including moving when asked to do so. Why spoil the RV community image. Whether or not you choose to be a member of a chain store, or shop at such stores, is your privilege.
Just reiterating that it is a personal decision that only an individual can make. Personally I'll continue to shop at Sam's..
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:16 AM   #55

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Beat to death
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2013, 06:17 AM   #56

I would have told the employee "Thank you". Then proceeded about my business, parking (while ignoring him/her) then gone directly to the manager or asst. to discuss or varify. It may have just been a new guy trying to score points.
I've had to do this several times with new city inspectors. Usually, a short little visit with the chief inspector clears things/misunderstandings up.

I put this in another thread somewhere, but. Our local Chamber Of Commerce building backs up to the Wal Mart parking lot. On the rear of the CoC building, they've installed RV elec & water hookups with a sign next to them that reads something like, "RV Hookups". I think, I haven't been in to check, but I think they're free for over- nighters since they are on the back of the building, sort of "out of the way".
malexander is offline   Reply With Quote