Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Thumbs down Sam's Club

Well, I just wanted to share what happened to me in A so called "RV friendly" place on 10/03/13.
We pulled into our local Sam's Club @ 7:20 AM on out way out of town for the weekend. (I am A business member hence why that early) Parked my MH set the brakes and opened the door to be met by A sam's club employee telling me his manager does not permit large rigs.. RV'S trucks etc in the parking lot. I told him I wasn't parking for the day and was going to go in and spend $$. I was told again I could not park there at all.
Well, it goes with out saying I will no longer be A sams club member... I did write A letter to the co.. They told me to go to the store and they would refund my membership fee.
So, I guess they are not looking for RV business at least in THAT store.. And I know they won't get ANY of my business again!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #2

Carolina Campers
Try Costco. Better quality over Sam's. I have both only because there is usually one or the other on route, but not always both.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If signs were not posted, I would of told him to piss off and then do my shopping.
Sams Club also recently raised their annual membership dues another $5. Walmart looking better,
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Sam's Club and Walmart are owned by the same people.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #5
Elf

Tiffin Owners Club
We already let our Sam's Club membership lapse. I've never had the parking issue but I am usually in there thinking I should have waited for a Costco. If someone had told me I couldn't park in their lot while I was inside shopping I would have done the same thing. Never again in that store.
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #6
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
However, in recent developments Sam's club waived membership fees so those furloughed Government workers could shop there.

So say what you want about one store's policy and take a look at the better side.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #7

Sams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow5656 View Post
Well, I just wanted to share what happened to me in A so called "RV friendly" place on 10/03/13.
We pulled into our local Sam's Club @ 7:20 AM on out way out of town for the weekend. (I am A business member hence why that early) Parked my MH set the brakes and opened the door to be met by A sam's club employee telling me his manager does not permit large rigs..!
I would have wanted to hear this directive from the manager. Maybe the employees partner ran off with a full timer I would still have ignored this directive if no signs were posted and did my shopping. But I love controversy.
tworootless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
If signs were not posted, I would of told him to piss off and then do my shopping.
Sams Club also recently raised their annual membership dues another $5. Walmart looking better,
Well, AFTER being told that.. I was Surely NOT going to give them my $$$
Old 10-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
Try Costco. Better quality over Sam's. I have both only because there is usually one or the other on route, but not always both.
Would LOVE to go to Costco... NONE here in NE PA
Old 10-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tworootless View Post
I would have wanted to hear this directive from the manager. Maybe the employees partner ran off with a full timer I would still have ignored this directive if no signs were posted and did my shopping. But I love controversy.
Well, I can't wait to get time to go in and cancel my membership and get my money back. I'm SURE they will ask me WHY!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #11

Quote:
We pulled into our local Sam's Club @ 7:20 AM on out way out of town for the weekend. (I am A business member hence why that early) Parked my MH set the brakes and opened the door to be met by A sam's club employee telling me his manager does not permit large rigs.. RV'S trucks etc in the parking lot. I told him I wasn't parking for the day and was going to go in and spend $$. I was told again I could not park there at all.
Well, it goes with out saying I will no longer be A sams club member... I did write A letter to the co.. They told me to go to the store and they would refund my membership fee.
So, I guess they are not looking for RV business at least in THAT store.. And I know they won't get ANY of my business again!!!
Haven't had that problem at all with my local SAMs Club. In fact, it's the cheapest place to buy diesel. And because its the cheapest, they turn their inventory frequently.

Anyways, had I been in you shoes I think I would have ask to talk to the manager personally. Explained the error in his/her thinking (or at least try to understand his thinking), then suggest parking my coach around on the side where the big rigs deliver store inventory.

Again, I've never had this problem, and my local SAMs Club loves taking my money.
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
Haven't had that problem at all with my local SAMs Club. In fact, it's the cheapest place to buy diesel. And because its the cheapest, they turn their inventory frequently.

Anyways, had I been in you shoes I think I would have ask to talk to the manager personally. Explained the error in his/her thinking (or at least try to understand his thinking), then suggest parking my coach around on the side where the big rigs deliver store inventory.

Again, I've never had this problem, and my local SAMs Club loves taking my money.
I own A trucking co... I normally DO park on the side.. There was A truck delivering and I didn't want to block him in. I told that to the person telling me to leave and as I said I was still told I needed to not park there. I spent A large amount of my $$ through out the year.. As I said it will be interesting the interaction when I close the account.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I've parked in several Costco lots, and I even go to their tire shop and they put in Nitrogen in all my tires before I leave on a trip. deSanford PS my house is furnished in early Costco.
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
How about providing the location of that store so we can avoid it and that hassle? A similar thing happened to us at the Walmart in Barstow. During business hours and my wife was inside shopping. I don't stop there for anything.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote