RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2019, 03:41 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sams Club Credit Card Discount

The TSD program fuel discount is great but not so much at Pilot stations. The Sams Club credit card says 5% discount and I have not seen any fine print about only pay at pump. Has anyone used the truck lanes, paid inside, then verified they got the 5%?

Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2019, 04:06 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
The TSD program fuel discount is great but not so much at Pilot stations. The Sams Club credit card says 5% discount and I have not seen any fine print about only pay at pump. Has anyone used the truck lanes, paid inside, then verified they got the 5%?
Sams Mastercard pays 5% cash back on gas anytime anywhere. I've been using it over 5 years.

3% on Travel and restaurants. 1% on anything else. Anytime , Anywhere. That's what's in my wallet.

I average $300-$500 back every year.

Old 09-19-2019, 04:36 AM   #3

I thought I read where the cash back (actually credits on the card) you earned on that card can only be used at Sam's. Is that not correct?
Old 09-19-2019, 05:07 AM   #4
DJJ

Interested in the Sam's cc also.
My USAA credit cards in the fine print specifically exclude purchases at truck stops.
So just started looking for a cc to use on the road with the RV that gives a discount at.
Jeff
DJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 05:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
I thought I read where the cash back (actually credits on the card) you earned on that card can only be used at Sam's. Is that not correct?
Not correct. It's the only card I use everywhere. You can credit the card or get a check. Which ever you want. Every Feb.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:10 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
Sams sends you a check once a year.The check is redeemable only at Sams. You can cash it only at Sams, you cannot take the check to a bank. As far as I know if you lose the check you cannot get it replaced, I'm not 100% on that.

The fine print says there are places where you will not get 5% on fuel such as Costco "excluding purchases at fuel stations at wholesale clubs (other than Sam's Club), certain supercenters, and supermarkets"
Old 09-19-2019, 06:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Not correct. It's the only card I use everywhere. You can credit the card or get a check. Which ever you want. Every Feb.
I do remember they only pay out once a year. I read the other part wrong about payout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
Sams sends you a check once a year.The check is redeemable only at Sams. You can cash it only at Sams, you cannot take the check to a bank. As far as I know if you lose the check you cannot get it replaced, I'm not 100% on that.

The fine print says there are places where you will not get 5% on fuel such as Costco "excluding purchases at fuel stations at wholesale clubs (other than Sam's Club), certain supercenters, and supermarkets"
That's probably what I read and took it as only being able to use the cash at Sam's.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:17 AM   #8
DJJ

So, hypoxia, truck stops are not excluded with the Sam's card?
DJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:55 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ View Post
So, hypoxia, truck stops are not excluded with the Sam's card?
I posted what they publish so I assume they are OK.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:29 PM   #10

You charge the fuel on your card and you are racking up 5% on your card each time. There is a $6000 limit that is eligible for the 5%.
You get the "check" in Feb that you take to any Sams Club and redeem - they hand you cash. You do what ever you want with it - it's cash.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:21 PM   #11

I use sams club credit also. Last year I earned some 700 $. I use the rewards to pay that months bill 😊
Journey cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:46 PM   #12
WiFiRanger Ambassador

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
They no longer send you a check. They put a credit on your card that you can use at Sam's or you can go to Customer Service and have them credit the entire amount against any balance you have on the card. Or, I think they can even get you a check for the amount if you are that old fashioned.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:02 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
They no longer send you a check. They put a credit on your card that you can use at Sam's or you can go to Customer Service and have them credit the entire amount against any balance you have on the card. Or, I think they can even get you a check for the amount if you are that old fashioned.
Since I got a check this year I must be an antique
Old 09-20-2019, 04:28 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
That's what I thought I read when I was checking out the card. I didn't see anything about going to Sam's to get a check though. I must have missed that.

Glad I'm not going crazy after all