Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2007, 07:49 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
I am strongly considering getting a Sani-Con. Have read up on it on this forum and at other product websites.

First, I see that there is now a retractable reel offered. Wondering if anyone has it and thought it was worth it.

Second, I have heard that there are systems that allow for the transfer of grey water to the black water tank. The idea is to effectively make your grey water tank larger as the black takes longer to fill up.

I thought I had heard before that the sanicon does that but, can't get verification from product descriptions. Can anyone verify that? If not, is there a product to buy that does do that? Is it compatible w/the Sani-Con?
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2007, 07:49 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I am strongly considering getting a Sani-Con. Have read up on it on this forum and at other product websites.

First, I see that there is now a retractable reel offered. Wondering if anyone has it and thought it was worth it.

Second, I have heard that there are systems that allow for the transfer of grey water to the black water tank. The idea is to effectively make your grey water tank larger as the black takes longer to fill up.

I thought I had heard before that the sanicon does that but, can't get verification from product descriptions. Can anyone verify that? If not, is there a product to buy that does do that? Is it compatible w/the Sani-Con?
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:54 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I have the sani-con and I like it. I don't have the retractable reel(yet)so I can't comment. As far as the grey water goes, sana-con recomends dumping the black water first,then turn off the pump, then while leaving the black valve open,also open your gray valve alowing the gray water into your black tank. This will help clean out your black tank. Then close the grey and dump the black again then repete the processes 2 more times. I hope this helps ...Bruce

PS I can't seem to find the spellcheck. I hope this is readable
Old 03-13-2007, 07:02 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
javajelly.....I have the Sani-Con system and it works well. The time it takes to dump is about the same. The Sani-Con will take longer to physically evacuate the fluid, but you'll save time in not having to pull out and replace hoses and clean them.

With the Sani-Con main hose connected, you don't cap the main drain line, you just leave the hose connected. This allows you to do as the above poster stated. You can drain the black tank and then equalize levels by opening the grey and allowing the grey water into the black tank. This will also allow you to do the same thing when the grey is full and the black is partially full.

When we're in a hurry to dump or I don't want to hook up to water I clean my tanksby draining the grey into the black several times. It works great.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:04 AM   #5

I also have the Sani-Con system, and have to say I really like it. Can you get extention hoses for it? The one I have is about 10 or 12 feet. I have been to some campgrounds that I would need a longer hose.

2006 Monarch SE 37"
stevelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:31 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Here is the sani-con site. Down toward the bottom they have 25 and 50 foot hoses sani-con
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:31 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevelp:
I also have the Sani-Con system, and have to say I really like it. Can you get extention hoses for it? The one I have is about 10 or 12 feet. I have been to some campgrounds that I would need a longer hose. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can also get a 3/4" garden hose and use it as an extension.

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote