Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2005, 04:25 PM   #1

considering adding sani con 1 system to new coach. checked it out on their website and get the concept. Any pros or cons on the system will be greatly appreciated. (muffin muncher may not be appropriate description)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2005, 04:25 PM   #2

considering adding sani con 1 system to new coach. checked it out on their website and get the concept. Any pros or cons on the system will be greatly appreciated. (muffin muncher may not be appropriate description)
Old 09-11-2005, 01:30 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
uncle t, I have not heard any negatives about the system. Although I do not own one I might consider it if I moved about more than we do at this time. I think as long as you rinse well after use you should have no problems. I so know that some of our members do have it and I will move this topic to the motorhome problem & solution section so to get more exposure for your question.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:54 AM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Hi Mike & Uncle T....I have the system factory installed in my HR Ambassador. It is a macerator pump like the marine industry has been using for 25 years. The system works like a charm, the cleanup is simply screwing the garden hose end cap on the end of the hose after use. No rinsing necessary. The business end (to the sewer) is set up for a 3" threaded PVC receptacle. I am having some trouble with 4" unthreaded recepticles and have puchased a PVC female threaded connector and a short piece of 3" PVC pipe to use in these instances. The manufacturer says to use a rubber donut to adapt to these pipes, but it doesn't work that great. The biggest value I can see in the system is the ability to pump black water through an ordinary garden hose up to 200'to a cleanout in your yard. I most definitely would purchase this system now that I am familiar with it. - Ron
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 06:24 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Well, uncle T, like everything else, it has it's good points and it's bad points.
Good Points: You dont have to be parked close to the park sewer. Gravity is not an issue.
Much more "cleaner" dealing with the hose over the 3" type. You can drain grey water over to the black tank. Quicker hookup to the park sewer system.

Bad points: Motor is somewhat noisy. Your neighbors will probably hear you using it.
Takes a few more minutes to drain tanks compared to the 3" method.
And this is the thing I am just not quite sure about yet, since your are draining thru a smaller hose, I am not quite sure if you are getting a good flushing action. I think you need to be aware that it may take several drain and fills of the black tank to get all the junk out of the tank. Now dont get me wrong, I still found it necessary in my mind to fill and drain several times using the 3" hose also. I dont think just pulling the handle and draining a full black tank gets all the junk out the first time. I think you need to refill and drain a couple of times if you want a clean tank.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:11 AM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Along these lines, the manufacturer recommends that for complete evacuation of the tank, leave it partially empty and add liquid detergent to it for the trip to the next campground. This theoretically will allow for cleaner walls in the tank and easy emptying. Haven't tried that one yet.
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote