Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2014, 08:06 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
Seriously?
Hi, I'm new to the forums and have enjoyed all topics. I'm very gratedful for all questions and all answers. I couldn't let this go by and not comment on the rudeness of this response. This is a "forum", not a one-on-one conversation. An answer and information that is not what is wanted from an OP, doesn't mean it is not valid for others also reading. To just shut someone down from responding with obviously knowledgeable info isn't what a "forum" is intended for. If the info being given isn't what you want, just ignore it and/or be gracious and thank the poster for taking the time to try to be helpful. Next time you might not get any answers as no-one will want to be reprimanded for their answer.
Thank you all for all your answers! Very helpful for us readers.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #30
Retired Fire Capt

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeH55 View Post
Hi, I'm new to the forums and have enjoyed all topics. I'm very gratedful for all questions and all answers. I couldn't let this go by and not comment on the rudeness of this response. This is a "forum", not a one-on-one conversation. An answer and information that is not what is wanted from an OP, doesn't mean it is not valid for others also reading. To just shut someone down from responding with obviously knowledgeable info isn't what a "forum" is intended for. If the info being given isn't what you want, just ignore it and/or be gracious and thank the poster for taking the time to try to be helpful. Next time you might not get any answers as no-one will want to be reprimanded for their answer.
Thank you all for all your answers! Very helpful for us readers.
First post and RaeH55 gets it. I have come across a few posters who think their opinion is the only one anyone needs. For the most part, the Irv2.com forum is right on mission and those who feel a need to 'push' their opinion on others is not too common. Before posting a question I usually try and search the forum to see if it has been asked and answered before. In this regard, the information posted on the SilverLeaf product is important in the grand scheme of things.

'Some people just can't see past their own greatness which in the end makes them blind to the world around them'

GS#819681685 FMCA#F437136 SKP#112720
phinneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:35 AM   #31

You last two posters (29 & 30) need to go back and read the thread from the beginning. Read all the posts thoroughly. You will then see why I posted what I did. I said nothing cruel. I just used the banging the head against the wall emoticon.
When it is mentioned in the thread 4 times that a particular model is not what is being discussed, then the poster even quotes it and still tells me I am wrong I get frustrated.
Again had you read all the posts you would have seen that I did thank the poster for the info.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:57 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneyj View Post
I have come across a few posters who think their opinion is the only one anyone needs. '
That was not the case at all. I was the OP. I asked a question and specifically said I was not interested in the VMSpc model. Not because it is bad but because it does not work in my application.
If you want info on the complete Silverleaf line, just ask. I am sure you will get the info.
I was looking for something other than the VMSpc.
I really don't understand why you are beating me up about that. Other posters understood.
Comments like yours and #29 are the reason many extremely knowledgeable people do not post on forums. They know that no matter what you post, someone will take it wrong and criticize you for it.

Have a good day.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:02 AM   #33

FWIW Scan Gauge D is on sale at CW for $147.99 until 2/23/14. If you get their flyer there is also a coupon on the back of the book for an additional 10% off of 1 item.

Thanx again to everyone that added constructive info to this topic.