Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2016, 03:48 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
Just non skid pads work under DW's latte machine and toaster oven on the counter. I don't see why a printer would be different.
We have driven 20,000 miles with just the non skid pads and the printer has not moved!

RVi 2 Auxiliary Braking System
iRent2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2016, 05:08 AM   #16
paz

The problem with just using non-skid material is, while the printer may not move during normal driving or even during hard braking, it could become a lethal projectile in the event of a collision or roll over. This isn't a big problem in a TT or fiver because no one is inside when it's underway, but movable objects should be stowed or securely tied down in a motorhome.

Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:19 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Mike View Post
Is this the stuff your talking about: BBB
Looks similar. We buy the stuff at the dollar store.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:29 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Mike View Post
My only problem with this is that the desk is hard mounted to the floor and I left no space against the walls to run a strap.

I already use straps to hold in the drawers by adding a bracket to the top inside and bottom inside. Every drawer lock I tried would either not fit or just not work. The straps do the trick. I also use straps for my desk chair and Euro chair that came with the rig. These do work well.

I may have to add anchor points to the desktop, but its a hollow desk top which is nice and light but not strong enough to hold a screwed in anchor.

The 3M glued anchors mentioned by PAZ may work, they make a stronger set for up to 400 pounds, if I use 4 of them.
Strap does not go that way...

You slide printer to close to support post if it has one then loop strap around table coming in from living area.

This assumes a normal 4 place like table with seating on both sides.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:55 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
Strap does not go that way...

You slide printer to close to support post if it has one then loop strap around table coming in from living area.

This assumes a normal 4 place like table with seating on both sides.
Two sides of the desk are open, left and front. The back and right are not.

I would have to put a bracket on the wall or desk top for a strap. The wall has a window and the blinds surround which prevents me from pushing the printer against the wall.

I got the printers to my campsite yesterday and tomorrow I hope to get a better idea of what I can do with it when on the desk.
Old 02-29-2016, 01:54 AM   #20

I was reading about this stuff called Earthquake Putty. It was on amazon but has been around for a while and used by RV dealers when staging the inside of motor homes etc. When I took my coach for a test drive, they had the cookie jar and other counter decorations held down by this putty. You attach it to the bottom of your item to secure and press into place on table etc. and that's it. Not too expensive, think it was under $10 for a package.
I've got to get some before my big trip this summer.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:48 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I would NOT be comfortable with anything the size of a printer (even a small one!) using any sort of "friction" based means (i.e., non-slip mattes, etc.) to secure it. We ended up purchasing a small, inexpensive Epson "multi-function" printer that fits on a sliding tray that's part of the dining room table / computer desk furniture in our coach. It's WiFi capable so I don't have to run anything more than a power cable to it ... and it's safely inside a close cabinet during transport.
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:00 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
I changed things a bit by doing away with the second desk - print/copy area. I missed the open feeling and relaxing in my chair at the window.

So I kept the one all in one orinter on an IKEA draw pedestal next to the desk. It sits about 1 1/2" below the desk. I put a strip of Velcro along the entire right side of the printer against the desk edge. I then put another strip along the bottom left side. I put a hook on the back of the pedestal and under the desk opening for straps. I put one over the top with a pillow and another around the left side that pushes it against the desk, and includes my chair.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	121045  
Old 03-09-2016, 12:03 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Picture upload from iPhone allows just one

A second picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version