Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #15

Good luck selling it. After hearing about Habib I had the same thing but mine went further. I was selling a Cabin Cruiser boat a few years back and had it all over the net. This guy emails me and says he'll take it. At the price I was asking, didn't even come look at it or anything. Said a money order will be Fed Ex overnight and someone will come pick up the boat. I'm thinking yeah right. Well the next day sure enough a money order shows up for $10,000 more than agreed price. Now all the red flags are up in my mind. He sends email and said money order was already made out by buyer so just send a check back for 10K. I responded with ok, I will put in the mail today.

So I take the money order to my bank and they do some investigating and we find the is 100% bogus, bank doesn't even exist which I pretty much knew. So we rip it up and I pretty much forget about it. 3 days later he emails me and I said there was some issues with where I was to send the check and told him to call me. So he calls me and he says where is the check again, I said the FBI is delivering it you crooked [moderator edit] click is all I heard hahahaha.

Best part of this is they lost money in this deal. $15 for Fed Ex overnight, cost of phoney money order, and his phone call to me lol. Plus I had his phone # now which I turned over to the states attorney.

So yeah, be very very wary of the scammers out there.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #16

Thanks for all the responses. I have it on Craig's List, EBay and here. Someone else answered when asked about what it is I'm selling, but put the link to it so you can see it. Seems that using an escrow outfit is the way to go - in fact EBay recommends it. I'll watch out for Habib and other scammers.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #17
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Very nice coach, John! Are you planning on putting a DP in that nice garage that you built?
As has been suggested, it might be a good idea to put it on eBay - you'll definitely get a lot of exposure.
Good luck!
I original wanted a DP and have still been looking the past 2.5 years since I bought this one and have found nothing in any price range or model that had most of the things I'd want to upgrade so I think I pretty well have decided to up grade the few things I think the current one still needs and leave well enough alone.

Mind you I will still keep looking every day but their are all starting to look the same and I've upgraded just about everything I've wanted to with this one which would make it kind of difficult to part with and start over again.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #18

Sold coach via E Bay to a person from Maryland. Used Escrow.com. All went well. We're now out of the RV life thanks to the current administration energy policies and the high gas prices. We enjoyed it while it lasted, but cost of fuel made the type of touring that we wanted to do cost prohibitive.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:52 AM   #19
srh

Country Coach Owners Club
Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padre44 View Post
Sold coach via E Bay to a person from Maryland. Used Escrow.com. All went well. We're now out of the RV life thanks to the current administration energy policies and the high gas prices. We enjoyed it while it lasted, but cost of fuel made the type of touring that we wanted to do cost prohibitive.
Wish you well in your new endeavors!

How did you use Escro.com? Was it used for financing, or what? Just curious!
All the best!
Old 07-26-2014, 04:18 PM   #20

They handled transfer of $$.

After a year and a half we hadn't gotten over the camping bug. Just bought a small travel trailer which we pick up next week. Will be a much different experience.