Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2017, 02:59 AM   #1
dp7

"Service" at Signature Coachworks

I contacted Newmar about a couple of warranty issues on our new coach & was referred to a few local independent facilities that could handle the work. One of them was Signature Coachworks in Beaumont, Ca. Since they were the closest facility, I checked for reviews here & on Yelp. Yelp only had a few reviews & were mostly positive. I could not find any reviews on IRV2, so I thought I would share my experience.

When I first called Signature, I spoke with Jo Ann on a Friday. She scheduled the work for two weeks out & said that she would contact Newmar on Monday because she was leaving early. I was told that I would receive a call back on Monday after she spoke with Newmar. I was pleased with the lead time for service, although it did seem like there was a bit of an attitude that they were doing me a favor by accepting warranty work.

By Wednesday I was concerned that I had not received the promised call back. So I called her & was told that she had not spoken with Newmar yet & that she would call me back. The attitude that they were doing me a favor for performing warranty work ratched up a notch during the phone call.

Couple of more days go by & still no call back. When I called I was given conflicting information. The attitude toward warranty work continued to deteriorate. Again I was told I would receive a call back in a couple of days.

Once again no call back was received & just two days before the appointment I receive an email from Jo Ann cancelling the appointment. When I called she told me that two techs were going to be on jury duty. When I asked to reschedule she told me that it would be 3 1/2 months out! The call ended with a promise to call me back with a rescheduled appointment after she speaks again with Newmar. It has now been an additional two weeks & still no return call.

Since I was on jury duty the previous month, I know that jury duty is only 1 week long & is on a daily call-in basis. I did not have to go in on even one day. Furthermore there is a one month notice before jury duty even begins. It is clear that Signature simply does not want to do the work. That is fine. Why not just say so instead of jerking me around for weeks? In a few months the coach will be out of warranty & I will need a service facility for non-warranty work. When that time comes I will not forget the business practices of Signature Coachworks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2017, 04:31 AM   #2

please post your review on RV Service Reviews.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:06 AM   #3
dp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
please post your review on RV Service Reviews.
Can't. This is their policy:

"Important! If no actual service was performed please do not submit the review. We only publish reviews where actual work as has been performed. Reviews submitted where no service was performed will be deleted. Also please limit the use of abbreviations. Do not use all capital letters."
Old 05-31-2017, 10:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp7 View Post
Can't. This is their policy:

"Important! If no actual service was performed please do not submit the review. We only publish reviews where actual work as has been performed. Reviews submitted where no service was performed will be deleted. Also please limit the use of abbreviations. Do not use all capital letters."
too bad.

Tags
service