Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2017, 11:58 AM   #15

The answer to your prayers.

https://www.amazon.com/E49-Enterpris...ords=sewer+pig
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
I've got a canvas bag filled and sewed up with 25 lbs lead shot. fits over the 90 deg. fitting. Could not talk my wife to holding her foot on the connection.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:18 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
That's funny! A little expensive for a piece of plastic though.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
That's funny! A little expensive for a piece of plastic though.
It's only money. Made round to go round. [emoji12]
Old 03-14-2017, 03:20 PM   #19
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
I like the bag idea. Never thought about that. I use a 15lb flat rock. Never had a surprise.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:28 PM   #20

The best thing to hold down the sewer hose are "Tent Weights"

These are typically heavy duty Cordura saddle bags that have a handle in the middle.

You fill the zippered pockets on both sides with weights ( I use small chattahoochee rock inside plastic zip lock bags) and then lay it over the top of the fitting.

It holds the fitting firmly to the clean-cut and keeps the connection out of sight.
Toribk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:48 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have two different sized donuts so one of them usually works. Plus I carry a couple of different elbows. The old style red ones that Valterra still makes, fits tight into a donut that is in a damaged, very low, or unthreaded, (there she blows!) CG connection.

I am thinking about some kind of waterproof sandbag thing to use, like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HZG566...ICSVZL89&psc=1

or one of these cheap things, not sure how long it would last. We used one years ago when tent camping, hung it from a tree:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/UST-Roll-...White/43942954
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:19 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
i carry a couple of basic red bricks for just that issue............
jsmmonaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:29 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
By the way, Sewer collars, which I assume to be a donut or whatever it takes to make a leakproof tight fit, are required on all RV units in the State of Florida at all times. Just jamming the hose in the hole is against state regulations and can lead to a fine for the campground if there is an inspection. Same thing in Va and I know of one incident where warnings were issued to the campground owner to get his guests to fix their connections.

The Encore RV and Golf resort we are in now mentioned the above in their guest handout. Its tough here because this place has low, sunk in the ground, no threads connections. They plug the empty spots with liter sized plastic bottles filled with water and turned upside down in the hole.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:53 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gramps- View Post
By the way, Sewer collars, which I assume to be a donut or whatever it takes to make a leakproof tight fit, are required on all RV units in the State of Florida at all times. Just jamming the hose in the hole is against state regulations and can lead to a fine for the campground if there is an inspection. Same thing in Va and I know of one incident where warnings were issued to the campground owner to get his guests to fix their connections.

The Encore RV and Golf resort we are in now mentioned the above in their guest handout. Its tough here because this place has low, sunk in the ground, no threads connections. They plug the empty spots with liter sized plastic bottles filled with water and turned upside down in the hole.
I just ordered a collar, but have never used one.
I can see it making a good seal, but will it also keep the hose in the pipe or do you still need weights?

Dan
Old 03-17-2017, 09:11 AM   #25

It's best to use weights as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Toribk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpinvidic View Post
I just ordered a collar, but have never used one.
I can see it making a good seal, but will it also keep the hose in the pipe or do you still need weights?

Dan
Yes you probably will still need weights. Sometimes the collars work and sometimes they are a poor fit.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #27

Since more and more site have threaded sewer connections, we usually rely on one of the threaded connectors we have. One is a threaded ring that we can stick a BlueLine connector into for those places where the elbow can't be turned.

But from our early days when most of the drain pipes were unthreaded, we used a Hose Buddy. The Hose Buddy uses water for weight that can be drained for transprt and the bottom is shaped to hode most 90 degree elbows.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:21 AM   #28

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Another solution for low centered drains is to get a male and female 3" threaded PVC fittings and join them with a very short piece of 3" pipe to server as a riser. It will thread into the fixed drain and your 90 will attach like normal. If you have some kind of sewer line support system all should be down hill from there.

Now if only could find a good solution for those parks that have drains extending 8" - 12" above grade level. Encountered one of those at a Big Bend, Tx RV park.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote