Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Sewer hose solution?

Hello folks!

I installed a SaniCon system on my previous coach and it's one of the first things I did to this coach as well. Overall, I like the system, but there have been several times when non-RVing people (and even DW when she awakes in the middle of the night dazed and confused) have flushed feminine products, etc. down the system. If you've owned a sanicon and had this happen, you know the fit of rage this can induce.

The aforementioned, coupled with the fact that it drains sooooo sllllloooooow has me considering going back to a stinky slinky, leaving the macerator mounted and available for long pushes and similar, only. I really like the fact that I can leave the sanicon connected to the drain outlet at all times and it's just a matter of unscrewing the cap on the end and dropping it in the campsite hookup. I also like the fact that I can backflush the blank tank with the gray water with ease (though I also have the built-in black flush jets.)

With that, is anyone aware of a solution that would allow me to retain the ability to leave a 3" hose connected (plenty of room in the bay) with a cap on the business end? A secondary preference would be the ability to backflush the black as I can with the sanicon.

Thanks in advance.

2007 Newmar Mountain Aire - 4528, Custom
24' ATC Enclosed Car Hauler
LindyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
I have a vacuum flush toilet also a no no for the white rats. And those little devils can also stop up at your dump valve had that happen on other unit and no good way to unstop. I think you are wanting a Y fitting with a dump valve on each end.

2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:46 AM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
leave a 3" hose connected (plenty of room in the bay) with a cap on the business end?
Maybe I don't understand your question ...my answer to what I read is "why not?". I have very limited space, but do have a short 3" hose connected all the time, and it is always capped when not in use ...I use a normal sewer hose cap that has a capped garden hose port built in. It would be easy to add a dump valve on either end if you want.
Paul (KE5LXU) ...was fulltimin', now parttimin'
'03 Winnebago UA 40e / '05 Honda Odyssey toad
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:28 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have the clean dump system that the hose is stored in the drop hose retainer under water closet section.
Because of what you have noted small items will make for a mess with macerate.
During camp outs I have the 4" hose hooked up and will flush out black tank with a clear plastic hose connector on exit drain section to view the drainage out tube.
During off peak times the macerater will be hooked up.
Macerater is used also for distance to drop zone while at home.
I have a smaller tank valve area than you do which you may be able to makeup a duel tank valve release for a additional 3" hose connection.
98KSCA, 99MACA, 03 KSCA-3740- 8.1 Chev-- ALLISON Trans, now in good hands
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote