Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2005, 05:45 AM   #1

I am interested in the Sewer Solution if it is a clean and easy to handle as claimed.
1. Are you happy with yours
2. Do you always use it or just sometimes.
3. I understand 8 gallons a minute. Is this a problem at the dump station?
4. And last, do you also run all your gray water thru it also?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2005, 05:45 AM   #2

I am interested in the Sewer Solution if it is a clean and easy to handle as claimed.
1. Are you happy with yours
2. Do you always use it or just sometimes.
3. I understand 8 gallons a minute. Is this a problem at the dump station?
4. And last, do you also run all your gray water thru it also?
Old 11-01-2005, 07:13 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

If you are interested in that sort of device, I think Rv Sanicon is a better choice. A 12V powered pump works anywhere, whereas Sewer Solution requires a good water supply neary and adds a lot of water to the dump besides.

See RV Sanicon to check it out.

I do not mean to imply that Sewer Solution doesn't work - just offering my opinion that Sanicon has some advantages.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:43 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
We just completed a 5 1/2 mo trip, in which I used the SS exclusively. The biggest draw-backs are that it takes longer to dump, and the need for a pressurized water supply. No problem for us since we didn't boondock. I do carry a regular 3" hose "just in case". I really loved not having to "wrestle 20'snake into a 1 pound box". Plus I didn't worry if the natural flow was going uphill.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:07 AM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
My Monaco came with the Sani-con system and I love it. My brother-in-law is trying to piece a similar system together from scratch, but it looks like it will cost the same as the sani-con.

I connect the easy to handle wand to the dump connection, open the black tank valve and turn on the pump. It empties the tank fairly quickly. I always run a fresh water flush back into the tank, via the built-in sprayer, and then drain the tank again. Finally, I dump the grey (through the sani-con system) and put the hose away. There is no need to completely drain the hose it or ever get dirty. The hose handles easily and has a cap that goes on the end of the wand. That's it. If you cut out the second flush that I do, you could really dump quickly.

The sani-con will pump uphill...I believe it's 20' and 100' on flat ground. You can hook an old garden hose onto it and pump to a sewer drain in your yard and not have to worry about plumbing a dedicated drain.

My coach came with the sani-con and now I wonder how I ever lived without it!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 06:56 AM   #6

Thanks for the input. Looks like I now need to look at the Sani-Con system to see how much trouble it would be to install.
Thanks again.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:18 PM   #7

I assembled a maserator setup using parts from a marine supply.Instead of 1" pipe I put a tee and use 2 garden hoses .It reduces backpressure and is easier to store.One problem I have encountered is hair getting wound around the pump shaft.I have pumped as much as 200 feet away.
BOB
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 12:18 PM   #8

My sewer solution clogged up the first (and last) time I used it. Had to wrestle the valve closed, and take off the unit (with the corresponding dumping of a quart of goo). Never again would I trust it. I might go for one of those electric powered macerators though.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:25 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
This may be a silly question for John66, but was the water pressure sufficient to get a good stream of water flowing through the hoses prior to opening your valve?

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:36 AM   #10

I have had mine for three years and love it. I don't know how many people I have given a demonstration to over the years that went out and bought one. It is much cleaner to use than the big hose and you never have to worry about those "pin Holes" that always show up when you pull the black water dump valve. That was what sold me, ever been sprayed with blac water? The company also is great to their customers. After a year I had a crack in the plastic slot where it connects to the dump pipe on the motor home and it would drip a little when I dumoed. I called the company and they sent me a new part at no charge. I too carry a section of the big hose in case I need it. Have a safe day!
Old 01-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #11

Where we have maserator on tolit is it posible to drain sewer through 1 inch hose with pump?
Old 01-09-2006, 04:09 PM   #12

We also love the Sewer Solution. It is easy to set up and use and it's nice to be able to use the clean out at home if we go boondocking or just return from a trip without having to go to a dump station.

There is a slight up hill grade to our clean out and about 80' distance. The Sewer Solution pumped it just fine.

The Sani-Con may be just as good or for that matter better, as I have no experience with it. Other than the one comment above I've never heard anything negative about either one.

Take care.

2004 Newmar Kountry Star 3560
RobAndTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote