Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-05-2015, 03:19 PM   #15
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I would not buy the big RV batteries (Six or 12 volt) at Batteries plus. but not for that reason... You can get the same battery with a different paint job or perhaps a better one,, FOR LESS at other stores.. B+ is kind of expensive on that type of battery.

ALso I'm not a fan of AGM They are very pricy.

Besides being pricey what's wrong with AGM batteries.

2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2015, 04:44 PM   #16
Well, I got 6 volt Duracell GC2 at Batteries Plus for $75 each (+ core) on sale. That seems pretty reasonable time me.

ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 05:05 PM   #17

Originally Posted by Oldone1 View Post
The problem was I brought in 4 6 volt lead acid and he advised agm's, stated that were a better choice. Great huh ? Problem was they were 12 volt and he didn't tell me that. Good thing I checked output volts"24!" Before start up lol. Temporary blindness that I didn't look at receipt. Retuned same and got my $900.00 back and no apologies what so ever from regional manager. Good buy forever more battries Plus.
Okay, it sounds like they made an initial mistake. The person posting the tread physically brought in 4 each, 6 volt batteries. Anyone selling batteries SHOULD have known better than to sell you 12 volt batteries when they physically had the cores in front of you . . . unless they told you at some point that you would have to wire them differently since they were selling you 12 volt batteries.

When the mistake was discovered, they gave you your money back?!? It looks like TWO mistakes were made here. One by the person selling you the batteries, and one by the person who didn't check the batteries for suitability prior to installing them. But the OP is ONLY pointing out the SELLER's mistake (if they did make one) and not the mistake of the person who didn't check suitability of the items they got from the store and INSTALLED THEM. . . . Once they seller was appraised of the problem, HE REFUNDED THE BUYER'S MONEY!

Forgive me, but except for the frustration involved, I'm having trouble understanding why, since there were mistakes made by TWO parties, it ALL appears to be COMPLETELY Batteries + fault!?!
Scot & Laura Kellersberger
2001 Newmar 4 wheel drive Dutch Star 3891, 2005 GMC Canyon. Demco Tow Bar & Baseplate U.S.Army (ret)
1985 - 2006
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 05:27 PM   #18
Wait a minute. You went in with four 6 volt batteries and walked out with four 12 volt batteries. You could not tell the difference? I kinda wonder what the conversation was like with the sales person. We only get one view here.

2001 34' Alpine Coach
2008 Jeep Rubicon or 2012 Ford F150 4x4 Lariat towds
or a couple of different trailers
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote

batteries, service