Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-08-2016, 06:03 AM   #29
I put a golf shoe brush next to the steps. It removes a lot of grass and dirt from the shoes. We have vinyl throughout the RV so sweeping is not that hard. The golf shoe brush really helps if the grass was recently cut as it takes off the clippings.

We also have carpet on the entrance steps and a small mat at the top of the steps. That helps when it is wet outside

Ed-Helen pns is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2016, 06:22 AM   #30
it has nothing to do with whether my floors can " take it ".

laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:30 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
DW has strategically placed throw rugs to protect the carpet. One fitted going up the inside stairs and a couple throughout the MH. We will be adding the wrap around RV step rugs to the outside entry steps when we take the MH out of storage.

Thanks for the idea of driving with slippers, sounds comfy!
Neal and Deb + Mya and Gizmo, the pup's
2003 Winnebago Sightseer 30B

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 07:44 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Yes, we have pets. They don't wear shoes in the coach either. (-:
Well said Vince.

My rig is shoe free and I have a cat (slipper-moccasin slip-on's for driving).

To the OP, it is your coach and you get to make the rules. Do not apologize for them and do not tolerate non-conformists. Just like when someone comes over and starts leaning on my full body paint coach. GET OFF!! Don't like it, perfectly ok with me - go away.
JD & Buddy (the ferocious feline) - Full timer out west
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 4023 | 2010 Wrangler (daJeep) | 650 Watts Solar
My Adventures
JFNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:09 AM   #33
Tiffin Owners Club
We are FL snowbirds and many of our fellow birds leave their sandal's/Croc's outside. When we see shoes outside and are entering their coaches, we leave ours outside as well. In our coach we leave our "outside" foot wear at the door and switch to slippers. If someone enters our coach with shoes, or mentions "Oh you don't wear shoes inside we always say "yeah....but your okay...no problem" And most Don't remove their shoes. And we don't loss our mind over it, as the odd time it happens doesn't require the floor to be wiped any more frequently then usual. And bus has the glass tiles you can see your face in. Which are really easy to clean.
Ret. Military/Corporate Pilot
Key West Snowbirds
The Short Bus - 450 HP
skypilot_1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:42 AM   #34
We have vinyl runners throughout our MH but still remove our shoes when going in the MH. We all have slippers just inside the front door and they are reachable from the ground where you can slip them on before coming in. Believe it or not this discourages the grandchildren from going in and out constantly. I don't understand the thrill smaller children get from going up a couple steps, throwing a screen door open, going in, turning around and going out of a camper. After a couple times having to remove their shoes and putting slippers on they seem to be more content staying outside.
I hate getting up in the middle of the night and going in to the bathroom and stepping on small stones with my bare feet. I'm not really into fumbling around trying to find my slippers either if I have to go.
If someone comes into my MH I should be able to expect them to be respectful enough to do as we do. I wouldn't object to respecting what they do in theirs. I wouldn't expect anything different in my house either. My wife is a very good housekeeper and most of my friends know this. Screw up and you are going to have to deal with her. Living with her for 48 years I have given her a lot of practice chewing someone out for not conforming to rules. LOL
It's your Castle, your rules and everyone should respect you for it.
2002 Fleetwood Storm 30H on Workhorse P32 chassis 8.1 gas.
LETMGROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:43 AM   #35
No shoes in MH or S&B.
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:05 AM   #36
Ford Super Duty Owner
We also believe in shoes off...please! So far, we have not had an issue with compliance. We usually don't have to ask. There are many good suggestions here to help with this issue and I appreciate them.
I have a spot at the top of the stairs where my sandles/shoes stay after entry and a pair of shoes by the drivers seat for driving.
I do not like to feel sand on the floor when walking barefoot...it just annoys me and we sweep often to avoid it.
Tom n Terri
Ty & Gavin (our rescued boys)
2008 Gulfstream Independence 8367, Triton V10-Ford F53 Chassis
TnT612 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:59 PM   #37
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
That's part of the reason we got rid of all the carpet except the cockpit area, where we have small rugs in the entry. The rest of the flooring is vinyl tile, which is easy to clean up! I am not going to pull off my shoes in my own MH!

If the weather is not extremely messy and you come to visit, you are welcome to keep your shoes on! If it's muddy outside, we'll also have towels down in the entry. Hopefully you will notice our shoes beside the doorway and offer to remove yours. If not, we will not embarrass you by asking you to remove them!

If we visit you, we will look to see if you are wearing shoes before entering, and if you are not, then ours will come off!

Ya'll come!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:21 PM   #38
I visited a friend that insisted that everyone remove their shoes before entering his coach. I did like he asked. In about 10 minutes they asked me to put them back on. They couldn't stand the smell. I had been working out for a few hours in tennis shoes before coming over.
2001 Itasca Suncruiser 37'
Texbeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 05:03 PM   #39
Monaco Owners Club
The floors in our coach are ceramic tile ... with a few small throw rugs scattered about. We don't have a hard and fast "shoes off" rule - unless the conditions outside warrant one. When it's wet, sandy or muddy outside - we're more careful about taking our shoes off.

As far as guests are concerned - we don't have a lot of visitors inside the coach. During our recent trip to Florida - nobody other than my wife and I set foot in it. When we're closer to home - we camp with my wife's sister and her family pretty regularly. Sis-in-Law stops by for morning coffee .. but we don't encourage much coming / going into the coach by anybody other than us.
2012 HR Endeavor 43' DFT, 2012 Jeep Liberty
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 05:35 PM   #40
This is one of those "procedures" that I think is absolutely ridiculous. What do you think you're "protecting" by taking your shoes off? It's a FLOOR, for cryin' out loud.

We've tracked dirt, gravel and mud into our coach dozens of times. Ever hear of a carpet sweeper or a mop? It cleans up the stuff in less than 5 minutes.
Rich-n-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 05:40 PM   #41

Shoes Off Rule? Just Wonderin'

Originally Posted by Rich-n-Linda View Post
This is one of those "procedures" that I think is absolutely ridiculous. What do you think you're "protecting" by taking your shoes off? It's a FLOOR, for cryin' out loud.

We've tracked dirt, gravel and mud into our coach dozens of times. Ever hear of a carpet sweeper or a mop? It cleans up the stuff in less than 5 minutes.

True that!
And we have LOTS of house guests. Heck, whats seating for 9 and a dance floor for?
Live it up, entertain, swap beers, and "whoosh" it's clean!

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:13 AM   #42
Friends are more important then floors. Floors were made to be cleaned.

MotorPro is offline   Reply With Quote