Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2016, 04:46 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsm View Post
I have about as much luck walking into our house or home (S & B or RV ) wearing shoes as I would have, using the bathroom while standing.
Man, you have opened a real can of worms there!

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2016, 05:06 PM   #58

I dont wear shoes in my house, so i wont wear them in yours.
Just me....
Some of my friends will tell me"you can wear your shoes" i still take them off...just conditioned i guess..

Its like smoking cigarettes, i just cant smoke indoors.
I have friends who smoke in their house and it drives them crazy when i go outside to smoke...different strokes for different folks..

Old 05-10-2016, 05:17 PM   #59

Tiffin Owners Club
We have a no shoe rule for ourselves in our S&B and RV. We leave it up to friends and family as to what they feel comfortable doing. Most will remove shoes when they enter.

When we visit others, we ALWAYS remove our shoes to show respect for their home(s) regardless of what they do.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:39 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer bird View Post
Just wondering - shoes off group - do you provide slippers for your guests? After all being barefoot or in socks isn't very appealing (even in my own home!) And it's sorta icky to sit next to someones stinky feet!
As mentioned, guests can do what makes them comfortable and no we do not supply slippers. I have yet to have anyone come into my home or coach with feet so smelly I can smell them. Maybe you should supply a washing bucket at your door if you have to endure that.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:53 PM   #61

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Yeah we did, and the reply was "aww they're (shoes) OK" and kept on walkin' in.
then that guy was an inconsiderate mope.
rk911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:58 PM   #62

Shoes Off Rule? Just Wonderin'

Back in the "hood" in the 50s and 60s, there were 2 houses where shoes were not allowed. So, us kids never went there. Didn't feel relaxed there! US Keds hi tops were not easy for off/on procedures for us kids that had the as yet undiagnosed ADHD.
Us kids wondered what was inside the mystery houses. We could tell thru the windows that it was fancy and glitzy, and they even had a real stereo and a window A/C!
The grups and the kids from the mystery houses came to the block parties. They didn't show up to the "barefoot beach party" event. (?)
This RV is our home and we have great fun with all of our friends and new acquaintances.
If it's wet or muddy or fresh-cut-grass yucky, folks will usually act accordingly or just step in. Most everyone knows the drill no matter who's house we go to, and without a word. If they don't know, the solution is just a broom or swiffer away. No harm, no foul.
Some approaches to a displayed, welcoming hospitality are socially more acceptable.

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:35 PM   #63

I wouldn't kick these kids out. You?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1462930516.491020.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	126670

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:57 AM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spsm View Post
I have about as much luck walking into our house or home (S & B or RV ) wearing shoes as I would have, using the bathroom while standing.
...and therein lies the reason that gawd created the "bath and a half" floor plan in RV's! It promote marital harmony!
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:07 AM   #65

I've always had a no shoes policy at home and in the coach. My wife doesn't let anyone in with shoes - she tells them "take your shoes off in the house" and people do it. Our wood floors would be all scratched if we didn't remove shoes and the coach stays a lot more clean.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:43 PM   #66

If ya'all would just install overhead "monkey bars" throughout your homes you wouldn't have to ask guests to take their shoes off!!!
Also, would be good for a cardio work out.
Grumpy
Old 05-12-2016, 06:12 AM   #67

I am pretty much a germophobe. Your shoes can carry lots of different nasty stuff on them. To explain how germaphobic I am let me try to explain how I can get in and out of the public restroom feeling I have done my best not to carry germs out with me. Now remember, I have noticed many bathroom users exit out of the stalls and head straight out the door. OOh... What all have they contaminated?? So my answer to a public area restroom is to turn on water, wash hands good with soap, grab paper towel and turn off water valve with used towel, and finally exit using paper towel to grasp the door handle. Just a note on how to handle those paper towel dispensers, you can pre-dispense before the hand washing process. Dispose of paper towel, holding door open with foot, with a basketball shot towards the waste basket, most times a ringer, sometimes not It is about the same for walking in a house with your shoes on. Where have I been and what unknown substance is clinging to the soles.....I know,,, I might over think this, but have become OCD on this germ filled world....Actually, it has been such a normal way for me to do things that I am used to it, and consider it my routine taking no more time than doing it any other way...I feel a bit more at ease while eating my French fries after using the facilities... Just say'in

Post Script: it may be a no win situation sometimes, the French fries could have been made by the same person who exited without the hand washing rule...:(
Old 05-12-2016, 10:10 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
I am diabetic and my feet and joints are a mess. I have also lived in Hawaii and Japan. To be invited into somebody's home (whether mobile or not) is an honor, not a right. To remove my street shoes is simply respectful. I also refrain from rifling through their drawers, closets and cabinets. I don't jump on their bed, either.
If I'm having a particularly "bad" day and can't face taking off my shoes, I'll suggest simply sitting outside.
At my house if you don't have enough respect for me to abide by my rules the best thing is for you to move on.
Looking through this thread, I've seen the post about "plastic covered" couches, and this one I quoted. I grew up in the "home", not the "house". It was dogs, military gear, and boots on all the time. And never "shoes off".

Then (many years later), I was stationed in Japan! That's why this post I quoted rang through. I must've picked it up over there! It's a privilege to be invited in, and the visitor shows the utmost respect while visiting. It definitely rubbed off on me.

As far as RV,.......we don't "entertain" in our rig, S&B is for entertaining, our RV is for touring. Too many things to do and see, and we don't park in one spot for more than two nights in the row. I will never invite a stranger I just met in the middle of nowhere, into my home on wheels. So taking shoes off is a non issue for us. It's only us, and we do as we please.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:18 AM   #69
laj

To be invited into somebody's home (whether mobile or not) is an honor, not a right. To remove my street shoes is respectful.
excellent, old school attitude. wish more people had this attitude in everyday life.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:49 AM   #70

Interesting collection of germaphobes and neat freaks in here.