Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2016, 12:22 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
Interesting collection of germaphobes and neat freaks in here.
I'd shake your hand on that Quote but then again I'm a germaphobe

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2016, 12:49 PM   #72
cwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcreek View Post
I am pretty much a germophobe. Your shoes can carry lots of different nasty stuff on them. To explain how germaphobic I am let me try to explain how I can get in and out of the public restroom feeling I have done my best not to carry germs out with me. Now remember, I have noticed many bathroom users exit out of the stalls and head straight out the door. OOh... What all have they contaminated?? So my answer to a public area restroom is to turn on water, wash hands good with soap, grab paper towel and turn off water valve with used towel, and finally exit using paper towel to grasp the door handle. Just a note on how to handle those paper towel dispensers, you can pre-dispense before the hand washing process. Dispose of paper towel, holding door open with foot, with a basketball shot towards the waste basket, most times a ringer, sometimes not It is about the same for walking in a house with your shoes on. Where have I been and what unknown substance is clinging to the soles.....I know,,, I might over think this, but have become OCD on this germ filled world....Actually, it has been such a normal way for me to do things that I am used to it, and consider it my routine taking no more time than doing it any other way...I feel a bit more at ease while eating my French fries after using the facilities... Just say'in

Post Script: it may be a no win situation sometimes, the French fries could have been made by the same person who exited without the hand washing rule...:(
While I do not consider myself a "germophobe" I laughed at myself while reading this response.

Pre-dispense the paper towels. (I like the hands-free ones I've seen lately.)
Use paper towel to turn off water.
Use paper towel to open door on exiting (if door opens inward), or use foot on door's kickplate to open door. Or, use elbow to push door open.
Basketball shot for paper towel.

Yup. That's me!

Sure enough. The guy just before me skipped the hand-washing process completely.

I do like the fast-food restaurants that have small sinks and sanitizing equipment by the entrance to the kitchen and serving areas. I like it even better when I see them using it.

Now, the custom in our house is for folks to leave their shoes on their feet, unless muddy or wet. It's just how our family was raised. I am hoping that the germs from that restaurant bathroom floor have worn off by walking before I get home.

cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:41 PM   #73

I didn't read all 6 pages of responses, but from the sampling on page 1, it seems like the shoes-off folks rule. I, or we, do not remove shoes at home nor in the MH. We have a vacuum and a Swiffer to help with the cleaning. We shampoo the small area of carpet a couple times a year.We DO have a mat outside the door most of the time, which helps control sand and such. If I knew others would require shoe removal, I would not be comfortable removing my shoes, so I likely would not visit there. Besides, I'm not so worried about a little sand on the floor as I would be walking on someone else's germy footprints. I seem to recall a lot of athlete's foot transfers that way.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:50 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired and Happy View Post
....it seems like the shoes-off folks rule.
They "RULE" indeed.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:00 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara S. View Post
I'm sorry but I have only had one person mention "shoes off" and therefore I did not go in their coach. I cannot easily remove my shoes and put them back on. I am disabled and need to be wearing my shoes with the special inserts. They are lace up shoes and because my feet are wrapped with first aid tape I have to use a shoe horn to get shoes on my feet. Once I got the shoes off, I would not be able to put them back on if I were standing outside an RV.
Love me......love my shoes.
You could be respectful and put on the booties if they are offered.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:14 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
Interesting collection of germaphobes and neat freaks in here.
All kinds of people in this world, my friend. MOST people on this site are "mature" (no personality forming types - teenagers here). We are what we are, because life (experiences/training/education) made us that way.

I am not a "germaphobe" per se, but my wife is. I am the "neat freak" of the duo. She is retired military nurse, I am retired officer. I've been through the Academy, and three wars. She was "fixing people" in one war as well. We are the way we are for a reason.

Now,.......if any "respectable germaphobe" would know that we live with five horses, four dogs, and two cats (dogs sleep in the master bedroom, and cats anywhere they please!), .......horse corral is 15' from the master bedroom window, .....we would be booted out of the "germaphobe club" in no time!

All these germs are "our germs" though. We are used to them, and we have mutual understanding with them. Our horses, our dogs, our cats, my wife's germs,....mine,.....all on friendly terms. We just don't want any strange (foreign, alien, unknown, untested, etc.) germs in our environment. Nothing wrong with that, is it?

We all live our lives the best we know how (at least I hope so), and what's good for ME, might not be good for "you" (whoever "you" are). You don't have to live by my rules, and I don't have to live by yours.

"Live and let die".
Old 05-12-2016, 03:27 PM   #77

I propose that instead of a "shoes off" rule, everyone adopt a "clothes off" rule.
Strip naked!!! That way not only will you avoid bringing in dirt/moisture in on your shoes, you'll avoid bringing in pollen and dust/dirt. Use the aux. shower to rinse off before entering.
Then we can all run naked thru each other's rigs shouting "I'm clean, I'm clean"
(Good grief, when your retired you just have toooo much time on your hands to think about stuff like this)
Grumpy
Old 05-12-2016, 05:22 PM   #78

OTOH, shoes left outside in scorpion country become their home.

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:20 PM   #79
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
I propose that instead of a "shoes off" rule, everyone adopt a "clothes off" rule.

Strip naked!!! That way not only will you avoid bringing in dirt/moisture in on your shoes, you'll avoid bringing in pollen and dust/dirt. Use the aux. shower to rinse off before entering.

Then we can all run naked thru each other's rigs shouting "I'm clean, I'm clean"

(Good grief, when your retired you just have toooo much time on your hands to think about stuff like this)

Grumpy

thats just plain rude. no way in hell i ever want to have that happen unless you put a age limit in. however , if..... all you want.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:36 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
thats just plain rude. no way in hell i ever want to have that happen unless you put a age limit in. however , if..... all you want.

Swishhhh...right over my head, gives us a clue
Old 05-12-2016, 07:45 PM   #81
laj

just sayin if grumpy wants to see a bunch of nude, saggy skin, gravity challenged, over weight, out of shape specimens in his mh, thats his cup of tea. not a suggestion that intrigues me. didn't need that pictorial. one doesn't have to share every thought that crosses ones mind. 😳
Old 05-12-2016, 07:46 PM   #82
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The topic is shoes. Let's keep it to that.
Thanks.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:51 PM   #83
laj

absolutely, would much prefer that 🤔. cliff, please remove my last post thanks😉
Old 05-13-2016, 04:07 AM   #84

Weejuns were the shoes of choice, 'back in the day'..... use to remember how quickly the leather soles would wear a hole in them.. a bit of cardboard, and you were good to go....awe, the good ole days when we never gave germs a second thought...