Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2016, 08:09 PM   #15

Shoes Off Rule? Just Wonderin'

Whoa. Relax!
Our floors are mat-finish ceramic. If it aint muddy or dirty shoes that the Welcome mat doesn't pick up, we wear shoes. No surgical footies required. Socks are nifty floor buffers.
The whole house vac works just fine.
Heck, the desert dust finds a way into any rig, but cleans up very easily.
We live here! It is not a shrine nor a glitzed-out showroom with a disco ball and ready for a cotillion. Um....sheesh!
So, come on over, let's swap beers!

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2016, 08:38 PM   #16

We don't have a shoe rule, but we've removed most of the carpet so clean up is no big deal. People can do what they are comfortable with.

If the floor gets dirty... Oh well. It's gonna get cleaned either way.

With that said, I'm not offended if someone else ask me to remove my shoes. They just have to deal with the smell. 😄
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:41 PM   #17

It would be interesting to know if those who have the no "shoes rule" have pets.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:47 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
With that said, I'm not offended if someone else ask me to remove my shoes. They just have to deal with the smell. 😄

Lesser of the two evils!

So yer saying "be careful what you ask for" huh
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:14 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
didja try a strait forward request...please remove your shoes? if he still refused your choice was to ask him to leave or deal with it as you did.
Yeah we did, and the reply was "aww they're (shoes) OK" and kept on walkin' in.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:46 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
We have an extra throw rug to stop dirt from being tracked in. We were shoes or slippers in our rig. I have serious issues with going barefoot. If I'm visiting someone who doesn't allow shoes, I really prefer to be given a heads-up so I bring slippers along. I can't stand being barefoot, and no matter how clean your floors are why do my feet/socks turn black???
Old 05-07-2016, 09:52 PM   #21

We have throw rugs down the main isle, a door mat at top of steps, and a wipe rug on the steps. We remove our shoes when we get inside unless we are in/out frequently, as when entertaining outside; but do not require guests to remove their shoes. Shoot, a local carpet cleaning business only charges $30/room to clean carpeting, our friends are worth more than that to us. If we can't afford $30/yr. we have no business owning a MH.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:01 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hammerbird I totally appreciate your point of view, and others like Barbara's as well. We too have a welcome mat and runner rugs etc. Which works fine for normal conditions, clean dry shoes= OK. I must reiterate, I was speaking in the case of rainy muddy and wet grass clippings etc conditions primarily. Then even with rugs it tracks all over.

We're just common folks who favor making and keeping friends. I sort of feared opening up a can of worms here, but I guess I had to get it off my chest a little. Our coach is just an inanimate object, but it sure cost enough....you kind of want to take care of it.....and to have someone come in with more nerve than common respect just.....I have to be honest.....ticked me off a bit. The coach was brand new too.

Oh well, we'll just move on. It'll all work out fine somehow. Thanks for the replies.

Best regards,
W.D.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:23 PM   #23

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I would honor any request to remove my shoes. I cannot afford and would not want a MH with a floor that can't take shoes. They are very nice, just not me. I do not go into my rig with dirty shoes, but don't remove clean ones.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:49 PM   #24

I go in/out so much I'd spend way too much time taking my boots off and then putting them back on I would just stay IN..........Actually I would just stay home.

IF visiting ...I would comply with owners request. Just give me several minutes to do so cause I also have 'foot issues' that makes it difficult to get them off/on.

At home I have cleaning tools/towels etc so that boots are clean when I come in regardless of weather.

RVng.......we're out camping for the enjoyment.
Rig gets cleaned when we get back.
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:13 AM   #25
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Our last coach was all carpet and we allowed shoes, except when we were in muddy conditions. I also carry a large towel that I'll place at the door in muddy conditions and will remove my shoes and leave them on the towel. If we're in dirty dusty conditions, we'll lay out some runners. Typically, I shampooed the carpet twice a year and it still looked good after ten years.

Our new coach has tike floors. The shoes are no big issue. What makes it really nice is the built in vacumn that you just sweep up to.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:40 AM   #26

To accommodate our visitors that can't easily take there shoes of and put them back on, to make it easier for us to make a quick entry and exit without removing shoes, we put a matt down outside the coach entry, and towels on the floor between the two front seats.
We'd like our guests to remove their shoes but we don't insist on it so we take the precautions to make clean up after them easy.

If the weather out side is really bad, we will put towels on the steps also. This way a visitor as well as us too can clean our shoes off as we enter the coach.

As mentioned by someone else we also keep house shoes at the door for us, not the guests. As a matter of habit, I don't wear shoes when I drive most of the time. But they are close by if needed.

We have a washer/dryer in the coach. I don't mind using them to keep clean and dry towels at the ready.

Oh, by the way, we also have pets, dogs that will sometimes travel with us, so the towels at the door is a must for them, and they know not to go past the towels until given permission.

DTW
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:41 AM   #27

We have an older motorhome and we're not too fussy about the worn carpet but if someone's shoes were obviously dirty I would have no problem asking them to remove them or seat them in the chair by the door with a mat underneath.

I do keep driving shoes specifically under the drivers seat. Sometimes after doing a walk around before leaving in muddy conditions I don't want to track it across the floor or wear wet muddy shoes while driving. Also after gassing up I have had a few issues with grease or oil at the station. That really sucks to try and get out of the carpet.

97 Bounder 36S 460. Pulling as many quads as I can fit on the trailer or get started!
Old 05-08-2016, 01:54 AM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
It would be interesting to know if those who have the no "shoes rule" have pets.

Yes, we have pets. They don't wear shoes in the coach either. (-:
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote