Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2018, 09:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
I had a similar experience with a shop. I dropped off my coach, but unbeknownst to me, their policy was if a customer dropped of his coach, his time was unlimited. Therefore, everybody that drove in off the street or had an appointment, and "waited" for his coach, went ahead of mine for service.
That is business-as-usual for Camping World too. They had our MH for 3 months, kept telling me that same story. Visited them one day and a friendly technician told me their policy; I was last on the list for every step of their repair business ladder. Made friends with a service writer, bought him a bottle of Makers Mark, mysteriously I got moved to top of the repair list.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2018, 12:42 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
Oil pan and the other items are a full day. It seems things have festered beyond civil.

Me I would call in the AM when they say we will need to get back, call again after lunch. Twice a day until you get a semi firm answer. If they say we are working on ask, what's been done and what needs to be completed. Once they summarize what else needs to be done ask if the parts are there, if not ask why.

If they say X part is still on back order, call Cummins etc and ask for availability, if they say it's right here then call the repair place back.

Keep in mind that yelling will get you nowhere but being firm, calm and unyielding will make you the squeaky wheel.

Also get the service managers email and send them an email. Also send them an email if you talk with Joe so they know what you were told.

If a job should take 3 days the afternoon of day 3 get on the phone, be polite but make sure if you feel like they are blowing you off then make sure you dont let them.
This. And if you dont get cooperation and progress after a couple weeks, escalate.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:13 PM   #17

900 miles ?
A two day drive or short plane trip.

A face to face is needed here.
And tell them that your there to inspect the work.

Has the coach been pugged in ?
Are the batteries drained ?
Ruined ?
Tires ?

Be nice and plan to spend a day or so. Get a room.

Your dealing with a very bug investment of ( yours )

Right now

Your the rich guy from 900 miles away with an rv.

And they already cashed YOUR CHECKS [emoji848]
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finance View Post
Do not call them, get their email and write them. Proof of correspondence. That helps down the road if you end up in court. Don't threaten them with legal action, just the action of getting their promises in writing will send the message.

Step two if the service manager ignores email then write a politely worded email to the GM. General managers hate subordinates that bring that stuff across their desk.

Never do businesses on an oral basis.
Totally agree
carlbonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:01 PM   #19

Hi guys, I have been calling, but following up emails. I have clear records of "oh I need to talk to the foreman" and several days later they just didn't have time to talk to him. This is a large reputable shop so I really didn't expect this.

They had to replace the batteries which was expected, I have no idea if they are being maintained or not. No clue on the tires either. I do have them saying they will let me know if they notice any roof leaks.

Are my options limited to a lawyer? At what point can I contact the police?

The reason I signed over the insurance checks is my research showed it was normal and when I asked the insurance guy he backed that up. Is it possible to get the insurance company to take the money back? That might also speed things up.

Latest news is I sent an email asking for a status update on on 27 November, I received the "let me talk to the foreman, but I'm the only one here" response on 28 November. I haven't heard anything since then. So I replied back asking for an update again with no response. This ladies title is Service Advisor at Premier Truck Group in Knoxville TN.
MongoBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:25 PM   #20

Is it kept in a fenced yard?....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:22 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongoBadger View Post
Hi guys, I have been calling, but following up emails. I have clear records of "oh I need to talk to the foreman" and several days later they just didn't have time to talk to him. This is a large reputable shop so I really didn't expect this.

They had to replace the batteries which was expected, I have no idea if they are being maintained or not. No clue on the tires either. I do have them saying they will let me know if they notice any roof leaks.

The reason I signed over the insurance checks is my research showed it was normal and when I asked the insurance guy he backed that up. Is it possible to get the insurance company to take the money back? That might also speed things up.

Latest news is I sent an email asking for a status update on on 27 November, I received the "let me talk to the foreman, but I'm the only one here" response on 28 November. I haven't heard anything since then. So I replied back asking for an update again with no response. This ladies title is Service Advisor at Premier Truck Group in Knoxville TN.
I would contact my insurance agent first, it's their money and insured property; AND the state Attorney General's office- consumer complaint division, then the BBB.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 12-17-2018, 10:00 PM   #22

There is no use to call the PoPo... This is a civil matter, and IMHO the insurance will probably told you that they paid their part and what happened after the checks were signed is yours.
We have a statute for "failing to work after being paid", but that is mostly for the little contractor types.
This isn't gonna end well...
Old 12-18-2018, 04:58 AM   #23
tcg

Quote:

There are plenty of email addresses on their website. You could cc everyone of them with your issue. One of those people will act. If not you're really going to have to make the journey for face to face.

Contact their main office, they might like to know what one of their dealers is up to.

Hit their Facebook page and ask questions out in the open.

Find the owner of that location and contact them.

Take all your documentation to a lawyer and have them solve the problem.

Here's an oldie but a goodie explaining a corporate email carpet bombing.

https://consumerist.com/2007/05/11/h...l-carpet-bomb/
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 05:29 AM   #24

Hey thanks guys, it is stored in a fenced in area. I'll contact the insurance guy in a while and ask for help, then start going the bbb and lawyer route.
MongoBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:55 AM   #25

Quote:
Hey thanks guys, it is stored in a fenced in area. I'll contact the insurance guy in a while and ask for help, then start going the bbb and lawyer route.
Very often a nice but business-like letter from an attorney is all it takes to get someone off top dead center. Call an attorney in the State where the coach is, as every State is different and you want someone to get them moving with only one letter (to save money). And do the homework yourself so the attorney doesn't have to research the top dog(s) on your dime. A nudge from a lawyer shouldn't cost very much.
KanzKran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #26

When I had a problem with a rim refund I asked for the refund several times and was blown off.
Then I file reports at the BB in the city of the company and also filed a dispute with the Attorney General. When the company started getting letters from them (takes a couple weeks) asking for an explanation, the company all of a sudden was willing to talk to me and we settled up in a matter of days. And they were quick to ask me to withdraw the complaints at the BB and AG, once I was satisfied.
Never had to involve an attorney, which from what I hear usually ends any conversation between you and them.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:26 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanzKran View Post
Very often a nice but business-like letter from an attorney is all it takes to get someone off top dead center. Call an attorney in the State where the coach is, as every State is different and you want someone to get them moving with only one letter (to save money). And do the homework yourself so the attorney doesn't have to research the top dog(s) on your dime. A nudge from a lawyer shouldn't cost very much.
Most attorneys require a retainer fee to perform any work, around my state the minimum retainer is $750.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:54 AM   #28

You are basically not going to get anything from then until after the new year, but if it was me, I would be waiting there when they open their doors on Jan 2nd. Good luck!
SlowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, motorhome