Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Show off yours!

You spent a lot of $$ and time planning that garage/shop to protect your MH, so show it off to those of us with a serious case of "garage envy" still parking ours outside in the elements and coveting those MH enclosures. Please share pictures and details for those of us planning our own garage. Size matters, right! How big, length/width, eve height, door height/width. Type of construction; steel or post. What considerations went into your planning? What are your strongest recommendations and what would you do differently.

For you "full timers" with no garage, you are excused from this exercise.

Monaco38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #2

Well I have a pretty nice garage but only keep my Challenger SRT and Harley parked inside of it so I guess that rules me out.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
csp

Monaco Owners Club
My goal was to get it inside before the snow flew and the flurries were flying for the first time when I was pulling it inside. I took a barn and modified the rafters and doorway to fit it inside. I now have a 13' door and ceiling height. The door opening is 13'x24'. It is a 5 year old pole barn with metal roof and sides. The barn is now full and I am going to have to build a garage on the house(starting it soon). I have wood working tools in it, harley, skid steer, Dodge truck, Tahoe, Jeep, atvs over sized deep freeze, 72" zero turn mower, and some other junk. Again needless to say it is full. My word of advice is bigger the better. I should have built it bigger and taller the first time. Sorry I do not have a good picture.
Chris
Old 12-28-2009, 01:10 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Had a horse farm for 20 yrs, you can not believe what you can get into a barn and a couple of out buildings. Had a guy drive up and wanted to buy the farm, with all the goodies. $ was in the bank in 2 days. Boy was I blessed, didn't have to worry about what to do with all the stuff. All I have now is an enclosed motorcycle trailer to haul the bike and stuff, car and motorhome. It sure is a release to not have to maintain all the stuff, gives me more time to do what I want.
desertrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:16 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Well Darn ...I really want to see some photos!! (and I was feeling pretty good about having a real RV pad with 50 amp electrical, water and sewer )... but now you all are telling me that folks have garages for these things too!! Now I feel so inadequate...

Come on...I need some of you to really show off those garages - so I at least know why I feel inadequate!
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #6

Well here is a picture for you. Can't fit the RV inside though.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #7

Hi,
I had a 30 by 36' metal shelter built for mine. Ends open, but only $6K. Usually has MH plus 12' trailer (two kayaks and two Buddy scooters), and 2006 Jeep TJ toad. Only about 12.5' clear, but so is my gate! Keeps the MH upgrade dreams under control.
Ernie

Remember! Life is not a rehearsal!
Ernie n Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:58 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
50' x 30' metal buidling with a 14' tall door; holds the 39' MH, 24' Sea Doo ski boat, 32 HP Cub Cadet/Yanmar tractor, Lawn tractor, yard tools, implements and the man cave (workshop). I will try to get pictures posted soon.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:35 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
ok,
Ernie n Tara..yours is closer to my budget - do you have some photos you can share?

kuldaddy..Yours sounds like what I would enoy having- bu I am a visual person... can you send me or post some photos??

Abnmarine.. I can fit a motorhome in there ...Look below! It just won't be mine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	!BbytgUQ!mk~$(KGrHqUH-DcEq)dSTWjuBK)qLwnPJg~~_12.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	2154  
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:41 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We are building a garage now, hope to have it finished by the end of Jan. Not as big as we wanted due to code restrictions.
Decided to go with a steel structure so it would be lower maintenance, no painting every couple years. We contracted the concrete and had some great friends and relatives help with the steel. Kind of like an old fashoned barn raising without the hammers and nails. I'll try to post some pics. tonight if I can figure out how to do it.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:37 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Az bound.. See post #7 in this thread for photo posting instructions!
Old 12-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #12

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

I don't have any photos today, but will have in the future as Santa brought a digital camera. Will learn to use it and then how to post.

I keep my M/H at an RV storage facility so there is limited space, but the owner and I found a space on the end of a row that allowed me to erect a metal building that is 14'w x 46' long, at the truss 14' high at the peak 16'. I ordered it with all 4 sides and extra trusses and supports. The cost was $7500 delivered and erected. The installers for $200 cash cut the front end wall in half, used the extra pieces I ordered and made a barn door that swings out. This building keeps the M/H out of the elements and keeps it out of sight from those who like to take things that don't belong to them. I have had the building in use for 3 years and the only complaint I have is that on windy days the doors can be a handful to close.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMama View Post
ok,
Ernie n Tara..yours is closer to my budget - do you have some photos you can share?

kuldaddy..Yours sounds like what I would enoy having- bu I am a visual person... can you send me or post some photos??

Abnmarine.. I can fit a motorhome in there ...Look below! It just won't be mine
That's funny. Reminds me of what my parents got me for Christmas. It's a tree ornament from Hallmark based on the movie "Christmas Vacation".

Old 12-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
We saw this Fine Looking Vehicle on our way to Cal over Christmas.
Don't fall in love with it!!
Dick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2523.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	2158