Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2016, 05:21 PM   #1

Simple question !!!

I'm newby with class a motorhome, i was wondering how long does the air bag stay inflate while the mh is out of use ? Some will says that it depend of your air system leak but the question here is with an normally good shape air system.
Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2016, 05:26 PM   #2

A good friends is over forty years old, it is parked here and it will stay off the stop blocks for weeks if he doesn't use it in the mean time.

Frank
F76Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:30 PM   #3

Still depends--my bags stayed inflated for months over the last 12 years, but recently, the fronts leak down occasionally--probably the leveling or dump valves. I know of realtively new coaches that have air bags that go down almost immediately, while in storage, and have done so, almost from the day they were new. Small leaks arent a big issue as long as the air pump on the engine keeps up with the loss......
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF1957 View Post
I'm newby with class a motorhome, i was wondering how long does the air bag stay inflate while the mh is out of use ? Some will says that it depend of your air system leak but the question here is with an normally good shape air system.
Thanks
Well Sir,
First off, there's more than one AIR BAG. There's usually 4 unless it's a fancy Monaco with 8. Anyway, not only are there air bags on an air suspended coach but, there's miles of air lines, fittings, valves, check valves, air dryer, storage tanks (usually 2-3), gauges, and more that all, have a potential to leak. For an air equipped coach to remain parked for any length of time and, NOT have ANY AIR LEAKS, is almost unheard of.

Yes, there will be one here and there but, the majority of air suspended coaches will loose a portion of the stored air in a fairly short time. Now, just HOW short, well, that's debatable.

I keep our coach level, while parked in the RV garage that's attached to our home. I do so by putting the jacks down and, it sits level. I know it's going to loose air and, if the jacks weren't down, it would get close to the ground. That would normally not be a problem but, I keep a step saver under the entry step so that step is supported. If I didn't have the jacks down, and it looses air like it does, that step saver would do some serious damage to that entire area where the Kwikee step is mounted.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote