Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-22-2014, 06:21 AM   #15
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
I too have MSW inverters. Run and charge everything without issue for many years. I am sure there will soon be along those chiming in that MSW inverters are bad - but not in my experience. PSW better, yes. But MSW are not bad. IMHO. YMMV.
We have a Xantrex, 458 modified sine wave inverter/charger. We charge cellphones, computer and drill with no problems.

Charlie Tuit, 2002 Journey, 32T, XL7 toad
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2014, 06:53 AM   #16
Originally Posted by tagcat View Post
We have the magnum 2000 watt modified sine wave

X2 and we use it for computers, etc. without any problems.

TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:46 PM   #17
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have used small MSW inverters with cell chargers and such without issue, That said, There is a long list of things that MIGHT NOT WORK PROPERLY with a MSW inverter.. They are on it, in fact all electronics including LED night lights, Coffee pots with electronic controllers like my MR Coffee. Electric blankets with modern electronic controls, Any andf all audio, radio and video gear (Television is all 3 of those) Sat receivers (Radios) and more.

The key phrase however is MIGHT NOT WORK,, Means they might, they mignt not. Many report no problems, Many report big problems.

Now, I have a Prosine 2.0 2,000 watt TRUE sine wave inverter.. Here is the list of things that will not work properly with it:

Anything needing more than 2,000 watts.

End list
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:14 AM   #18
Monaco Owners Club
I guess this is one of these things we will work out on the road.This is the unit we have and hope things work fine.While traveling i will do what we did while traveling in a car ,use the dash plug in for phones,i-pad ,etc.
Thanks everyone for your in put. P.S. anyone going to the Rally at Myrtle beach.We will be there for 3 weeks during the rally.
tagcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:15 AM   #19
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Modified sine wave inverters are BAD news for some things, such as digital controls for electric blankets or heated mattress pads. Don't ask me how I know this!
X2. We found out the hard way too!
Lloydu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #20
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
By the way, I got my TSW for other reasons, My User ID shows I'm a radio operator and as I posted, MSW and radios do not play nice together in many cases.

So i know how the blanket folks know MSW is a bad idea... But only beacuse I read a lot of posts .... Way better way to learn.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote