Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2008, 07:19 PM   #1

My 2007 Itasca Sunrise came equipped with a Magnadyne M9900CDS Sirius ready radio. In order to activate Sirius I need the Sirius Tuner ID Number (ESN). The instruction manual says push MODE button until "Sirius" is displayed and then push TUNE until "Direct" is displayed. When I press MODE I cannot get it to display "Sirius" unless I first press the reset button. Then it will display "Sirius" but pushing TUNE does nothing and I cannot get "Sirius" to display again unless I reset again. Any advice on how to get the Sirius ESN?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2008, 07:19 PM   #2

My 2007 Itasca Sunrise came equipped with a Magnadyne M9900CDS Sirius ready radio. In order to activate Sirius I need the Sirius Tuner ID Number (ESN). The instruction manual says push MODE button until "Sirius" is displayed and then push TUNE until "Direct" is displayed. When I press MODE I cannot get it to display "Sirius" unless I first press the reset button. Then it will display "Sirius" but pushing TUNE does nothing and I cannot get "Sirius" to display again unless I reset again. Any advice on how to get the Sirius ESN?

Old 07-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Mothership
If you can tune to channel 1 in Sirius mode that should display your Sirius radio number. I hope that helps. Good luck!
Mothership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:53 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
ncretired, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us. I am sure you will enjoy this website and forum. I am sorry to hear of the confusion you your Magnadyne radio; just becasue it says that it is serius ready does not mean it has the sattelite tuner. There will be another component needed before you can request Sirius subscripotion. This is the number you will give them to get it going. Good luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:04 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Mike is right - your M9900CDS requires an optional Sirius tuner (and Sirius antenna) to actually receive Sirius radio. If you will look at the diagrams in the back of your manual you will see the hook-up instructions for the optional M9SIR Sirius tuner. "Sirius ready" merely means that the Sirius tuner can be plugged in and that the radio has a control mode for tuning and using it.

Don't feel bad - a lot of people get tricked by the Sirius (or XM) ready logo - it doesn't mean a whole lot.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:02 PM   #6

Thanks for all your help. I did check the manual and found the diagram. I have a "portable" Sirius radio that I have been using - I'm just going to continue using that and forget the "Sirius Ready" radio.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:40 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Are you sure you don't have the Sirius tuner? My coach came with the same stereo. I too couldn't get the radio to give me the ESN, even after spending 20 minutes on the phone with Sirius.

I took the coach back the dealer that I bought it from (it was a used unit), and the service dept. was finally able to retrieve the number for me. It gave them a hard time as well.

Armed with the ESN obtained by the dealer, I was able to activate the Sirius receiver.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:55 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have you checked your radio manual? The ESN for mine was in the included paper work for the radio when I bought the coach.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:07 AM   #9

My motorhome came with Sirius also and had sattelite ready radio. First you need to determine if indeed you have the Sirius service then you need to find the external Sirius tuner box that is connected to your radio. On the tuner box is the ESN number you will need to activate your service. After I went through a lot of questions and answers with Sirius on how to find my ESN for my radio and nothing worked I called my dealer and they told me where the tuner box was located and that the ESN was on a sticker attached to the box. Found the box used the ESN and was able to activate my radio.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #10

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Ncretired .Welcome to iRV2.com
Old 07-28-2008, 08:00 PM   #11

Solo Rvers Club
Welcome aboard ncretired! I bought a rig that is "sirius ready" but that's all I know, I haven't tried to activate it. So, I'm hoping you will keep us posted, and we'll all learn a little more about this (if you decide to pursue it)
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #12

Hi,and welcome. My last 2 rigs had Sirius installed, the box was under the dash, drivers side. You can tell by the Sirius logo on the box. Also, if you're so inclined, you can climb up on the roof. If you look around the fwd section, you will see a small Easter egg shaped antenna. If you have that, you're ready to go. Robbie

'06 AWD Saturn Vue-toad
riggarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:30 AM   #13

Thanks for all the advice and help. I went to the Winnebago/Itasca Rally held at the factory in Forest City, Iowa and asked them for help. They confirmed that the radio was definitely Sirius "ready" but was not Sirius equipped. They could install the tuner, cables and antenna for $560, parts and labor. That made the decision easy - I have decided to keep using my portable unit. Again thanks for the help and welcomes.