Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2010, 06:09 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
sky light replacement

hey guys, i have a 1999 coachmen sportcoach and the sky light over the shower is checking from age sun, called coachmen and of course out of stock not available has anyone ran in this and if so what did you replace it with this is a neo angle design
lathe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2010, 02:43 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello and . We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.
What size of sky lite do you need? I have one in the garage that might fit. Otherwise I can ask our parts guy where you could find one. Let me know.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A quick Google search turned up this place.
RV Skylight

I have no idea if they are good-bad or otherwise but I'm sure there are others.
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Mike thanks for getting back, it is a neo angle the measurements that i can get without the flange is 20"x20" then 10" angle then 20" then 10" so two sides perpendicular to each other then two 10" legs on the other two sides and 20" between the the two 10" sides hope this explains what i have,again these numbers are not including the flange as i have not pulled it and don't know the flange width witch i assume is standard any help is appreciated thanks, Hank
Old 10-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick-B View Post
A quick Google search turned up this place.
RV Skylight

I have no idea if they are good-bad or otherwise but I'm sure there are others.
This is the same company I used a while ago. I think they were only shipping from Canada at the time. I got the white lexan. It says not to drill only sealant. If your roof is curved that might make a differance. Just to be sure I eternabonded all around for a good seal. Using their guidelines my measurements were spot on.

Good Luck
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Nick b thanks for the site i think they may have what i need. The dealer has been trying to locate one for 3 months and with the help of this site and people like yourself i was able to find, i believe a supplyer in in a matter of a few days thanks again to all, Hank
Old 10-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks rocky, spoke to them breifly and it seems they should have one they said that the lexon could be drilled also if anyone is interested thank
Old 10-07-2010, 02:50 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
It sounds like you have found a source, so I won't go measure the one I have. If you need me to do so, just let me know.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks wizard i'll let you know if they can get it for me thanks again great forum
Old 10-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #10

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was just went through a similar situation with my bathroom skylight. I wanted to replace it because it was yellowing and had a couple of cracks at the base. I searched quite a bit on the net and found the dimensions I needed, but not the height. The height is critical because I am tall and my head uses most of the 5" rise in the skylight dome.
Rather than risk a lower ceiling height in the shower I opted to repair it and remove the yellowing from the dome. I used Comet with bleach on the exterior and could not believe how much whiter it got. Then I used eternabond on the cracks at the base and for good measure resealed around the dome with Dicor sealant.
Worked great for me and a lot less money.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote