Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2016, 01:52 PM   #1

Slide out, loud BANG when closed

The bedroom slide on my Fleetwood discovery is making a loud bang just as it completely closes. Doesn't seem to do it on extending, or any other time. I looked around under the bed, and can't find anything wrong yet?

This is a power gear electric slide system, on a 2007 discovery.

does anyone know what this may be?

EMPIRE231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2016, 02:33 PM   #2

I don't have a Fleetwood but my Newmar had a loud popping / bang. The bolts on the drive transmission were loose, tightened them and the popping stopped. Might be worth checking.

jim27358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 04:23 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It is out of sync There are two toothed rails under the slide out and one of them is off a tooth. so when it is all the way in it jumps that tooth. Something ls likely causing it to do the same on extension (possibly a broken tooth either on the rail or gear.

Another possibility is a sheard shear bolt. But what is happening is one end is closing before the other so it jumps a cog, at least that is my guess

Different make, Differnt model,, Same Power Gear
Old 11-13-2016, 05:16 PM   #4

From looking into it a little closer, it appears there is one tooth broken on the gear. The rail/track teeth look fine. It looks like it is jumping the teeth... only when closing the last inch or so.

This is a only one rail/track model, in the center of the bedroom slide.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:35 PM   #5

Does anyone know if I can replace just the gear, or if the whole motor system needs to be replaced?

Something must be off in the adjustment, because the other slides seem to stop and the motor just clicks when the slide is closed. This one wants to keep going, and is causing it to jump a tooth.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:06 PM   #6
rkf

All things are possible, find the manufacturer and E mail them I'm sure that they will accommodate you or lead in the correct direction.

rkf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out