Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
Unhappy Slide out room synchronization controller

I was stopped from leaving Bandera, Tx. last week due to a rear slide out that wouldn't retract.
After getting excellent help from a mobile RV tech. (Posted in RV Service Reviews) we were able to get the slide back in so I could travel.
The following day I contacted "Bill" at Power Gear and after emailing him the picture below he said that I needed part #140-1143.
I then went to the nearest RV dealer and had them order the part.
After receiving the part I found that it was the external control to synchronize the 2 motors on my slide out and not the part shown below.
My problem is only one motor works and what we did in Bandera was to switch the plug ins around to get the slide in.
If I switch them back I can get the slide to go out but not go back in without switching them around again.
The RV tech said the part pictured was the problem so I have another email in to "Bill" to try and straighten out the mix up.
The reason for this post is that the part they sent me was $309 plus tax and shipping and the place where I ordered it is now 300 miles behind me.
I know that Power Gear doesn't sell directly so I'm hoping that I can just exchange the parts but I will update the forum as to my progress with Power Gear.
I am a little upset that I sent the picture to them and they still sent the wrong part.
If anyone knows where I can get one of these I'm currently in Gulfport, Ms.

2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ 330 Cummins
S/N 1RF42464342027368
Mtn.Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
Well I just found out that Power Gear no longer carries this part, it's obsolete!
I would have to buy a complete kit, rewire it and install it.
My coach is 9 years old and the part became obsolete 2 years ago.

Does anyone have suggestions as to where I can find this part as in junkyards, rv salvage etc?

Thanks, Mike

S/N 1RF42464342027368
Old 03-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
I see a lot of Holiday Rambler MH's being salvaged out at Visone RV. You can google the name to get contact information.
homerbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
Yep, I tried them but to no avail. I also found out that the "kit" that I need from Power Gear is over a thousand dollars.
It includes wiring harnesses and two new motors and I don't need any of it.
All I need is the controller and I'm trying every salvage yard I can find on the internet but so far no luck.

If anyone has any leads I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Mike
S/N 1RF42464342027368
Old 03-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
Coclaw in Joplin Mo-good size recycling yard
charlie 62 - 2007 Four Winds Windsport - 2010 Ford Flex
charlie 62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
All that hassle - for a 10 cent circuit board component... :(
John Day....|'88 Winnebago Super Chief 27ft. Class A
Eastern .....|'88 KIT model 240 24 ft. 5er
Oregon ......|'02 Dodge/Cummins 2500 Quad Cab
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #7
Maybe the board can be fixed.

Depending on what it has, may be easy.

Look around the campground for a Ham radio guy, they often have their call sign on their vehicle or plate.

Many older ones from the code required days can do wonders, may cost a beer or two, but you may find one looking for a puzzle to solve

Tony & Lori
1989 Country Coach Savannah SE
TQ60 is offline   Reply With Quote