Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #1

Smile slide outs

We came to this site looking for information on slide outs that do not always come back in on the 2003 Discovery - Fleetwood - saw some info and Tiny has gone to the motorhome to check it out - thanks - will check back in later.
Annie
tinyberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
to the iRV2 Forum. Hope to see you often.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Welcome to IRV2. Here is a link to a power gear electric slideout manual.
http://support.powergearus.com/techdocs/82-S0140-00.pdf
Not sure if you had one or if it is the system in your coach.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Howdy and welcome!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyberry View Post
We came to this site looking for information on slide outs that do not always come back in on the 2003 Discovery - Fleetwood - saw some info and Tiny has gone to the motorhome to check it out - thanks - will check back in later.
Annie
Here's some info which may be helpful! I completed this mod with excellent results.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/disc...ent-94454.html

Your 2003 Discovery has a flush floor slide. As such during the first few inches of travel, whenever retracting the slide, the motor/slide assembly must raise/lift the inner edge of the slide. If you are experiencing "motor stall" simply release the key. Wait a few seconds and reactivate the motor and the slide should continue to close
bob109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #6

I have a 2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E that has a slide (driver side, dual rail) that cannot come further in than a few inches before the motor stalls. It's the situation Bob109 describes above. We've tried waiting after it stalls and then starting it inward again. We hear the motor kick in and it then stalls. We've applied 12 volts direct to the motor, but same results. Tried manually cranking it in but cannot get past that same point. We've re-leveled the coach and even tried retracting the unit with the jacks raised. And everything I have mentioned has been done several times. We've also replaced the main batteries which, based on the voltage readings of the two sets of batteries, was dropping dramatically when the motor stalled. That is not the case any more. So it seems to me that the slide must be binding somewhere. I've inspected everything I can easily see. inside and outside, and there is nothing in the way.

The slide has not experienced any problem since I have owned the coach, which is about one and a half years, though the motor did labor getting the slide past the point where it is now stuck.

Any ideas as to where I should look for places and ways the slide room could get in a bind? Other suggestions?

Thanks.
WhereAreWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #7

Forgot to mention something that is important when trying to retract your main slide. That slide has a three bay storage area that can be easily overloaded. Make sure that you minimize the "total weight" of stowed items in this bay. I usually carry my fiberglass ladder and several small items in the bay. Carrying heavy loads in this compartment would cause the motor additional "load strain" and cause the slide motor to stall. If possible keep the stowage areas lightly loaded
bob109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #8

We finally got our slide in. I had an RV tech come out to look at the problem, and he cranked on the slide out drive bar harder than I could, or harder than I would have done. With a loud crack, the slide started to move in. We were in the process of pulling out our carpet and putting in hardwood. Some screws came off the metal strip that was screwed down at the edge to hold the carpet and locked up the slide. We carefully removed the screws and the metal strip and it works fine now.
WhereAreWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
Forgot to mention something that is important when trying to retract your main slide. That slide has a three bay storage area that can be easily overloaded. Make sure that you minimize the "total weight" of stowed items in this bay. I usually carry my fiberglass ladder and several small items in the bay. Carrying heavy loads in this compartment would cause the motor additional "load strain" and cause the slide motor to stall. If possible keep the stowage areas lightly loaded
That's why I love this site. Never crossed my mind. Thanks. Needs to be added to whatever thread of things every motor-home owner should know.
GS#819681685 FMCA#F437136 SKP#112720
phinneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:29 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide